#151 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:15 AM

Where did you dig that out?

I watched Moonraker the other day and laughed my guts out when Bond was driving the hovercraft-gondola.

You could argue that this scene belongs in the "Unintentional Laughs" thread, but at the same time, it's all very tongue-in-cheek. Moonraker knows it's silly, and it just doesn't care.

-

#152 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:48 AM

OHMSS has a reputation for being humourless, probably because the tragic ending tends to overshadow it. But in fact it doesn't lack humour at all. From Bond's comment at the end of the pre title credits - "this never happened to the other fella" - to Bond's slightly ludicrous performance as Sir Hilary Bray, pretending to be a celibate academic amidst all those lovely young ladies in Blofeld's alpine lair. Thusly:-

Bond "I'm afraid I've never had very much to do with young ladies"

or

Irma Bunt "Is anything the matter, Sir Hilary?"

Bond (as Ruby Bartlett is fondling his bare leg and writing her room number on it!) "Just a slight stiffening coming on".

And so on.

I agree with an earlier post concerning Wint and Kidd in DAF. I found their black humour amusing. I also liked the looks of disbelief in LALD on the faces of the state troopers as Sheriff Pepper tells them that his son in law is going after Bond in his speedboat (the boat goes past and it clearly isn't Pepper's son in law at the helm!)

And I've mentioned this elsewhere - TMWTGG. Bond in Senor Lazar's workshop, pointing a rifle at him "I'm now aiming precisely at your groin, so speak now or forever hold your piece".

#153 TheLazenby

TheLazenby

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 304 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:07 PM

A mylar doll of Yaphet Kotto being inflated is pretty damn funny to me...

#154 hilly

hilly

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:30 PM

TMWTGG- Bond talking about the dum-dum bullet that he swallowed (and presumably "produced" again, after a visit to the pharmacy)
"You've no idea what it went through to get here".
"Oh I wouldn't say that".. I love Rog's double take at this remark

#155 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

Posted Image

"England.... The Empire.... MI6.... HURRRRRRRRRRRRRR!"

I mean, don't get me wrong. Silva looks great. Very menacing indeed. I just find that part of the trailer hilarious. I don't know what's funnier. His facial expression or his really prominent exhale.