17 replies to this topic

#1 Daddy Bond

Daddy Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 08:36 PM

I just finished playing through Nightfire (I know, I know - it was released years ago) - I'm a cheapskate and bought it used.

I found this to be a surprisingly good first person shooter - the best first person Bond shooter since Goldeneye 64 - maybe the ONLY good first person Bond shooter since Goldeneye 64.

Did anyone else really like Nightfire?

#2 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 01:40 AM

I'm a fan of it. I prefer the following James Bond 007: Everything Or Nothing slightly more, but I'm often up for a multiplayer level of NightFire.

>> Full CBn James Bond 007: NightFire Coverage Here

#3 Aussie21

Aussie21

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 05:26 AM

Yep, fan of NightFire as well.

The controls were solid, and I seem to prefer a FPS Bond game as opposed to a third person one. That's why it disappoints me that EA continues on putting out third person games. EoN was terrific, but I'm still not a huge fan of them.

#4 Harvinder

Harvinder

Recruit

• Crew
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 09:39 AM

I just finished playing through Nightfire (I know, I know - it was released years ago) - I'm a cheapskate and bought it used.

I found this to be a surprisingly good first person shooter - the best first person Bond shooter since Goldeneye 64 - maybe the ONLY good first person Bond shooter since Goldeneye 64.

Did anyone else really like Nightfire?

hi,i just started playing this game and i m stuck at the mission6 which is high treason,in which bond has to escape from tower inside a falling elevator ,i have done everything i can to get down alive but no chance,can u help me ?

#5 Dunph

Dunph

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3826 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 10:40 AM

It's good, but the PC version is cack.

#6 00-FAN008

00-FAN008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1907 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 06:12 AM

Loved PC for most of its single-player campaign. Played the console version for multiplayer.

Either way, I felt it was a more decent experience than xXx: The Video Game - Starring Pierce Brosnan (aka EoN).

#7 Golden Gun-E

Golden Gun-E

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 08:14 PM

Nightfire is fun and definately worth picking up for 7.99! The single player is short but the multiplayer is awesome, sometimes its good to sit down and play some classic games like that.

#8 Daddy Bond

Daddy Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 08:22 PM

Harvinder wrote:

"hi,i just started playing this game and i m stuck at the mission6 which is high treason,in which bond has to escape from tower inside a falling elevator ,i have done everything i can to get down alive but no chance,can u help me ?"

I got stuck in the same place. It was driving me crazy, I couldn't find the way out. I found the way out by checking a the walkthroughs on either Gamespot or ign. If this doesn't work, send me an email and I'll go back and look at that level to try and remember how I got out. There IS a way out, believe it or not.

Regards

#9 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 09:01 PM

I think Nightfire is the best game EA developed. It has a very cool, origional story line with great action and fantastic locales. From Russia With Love is a great game as is Everything or Nothing, but Nightfire is by far the best, in my opinion.

#10 TonicBH

TonicBH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 291 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 05:19 PM

Console version? Best Bond FPS since Goldeneye. PC version? Crap. Avoid it at all costs.

#11 Genrewriter

Genrewriter

Cammander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4360 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 05:29 PM

The PC version is guilty pleasure (the only thing that makes it a 007 game is the music and logo, apart from that it's so generic and pointlessly loud, it might as well be called Jerry Bruckheimer's Vacation), until the last level where it becomes a soul crushing, aggravating pain that makes the player give up and just use the disc as a coaster.

#12 deth

deth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2651 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 01:02 AM

yup..... the PC version is terrible. Feels more like a Half-life mod than a standalone game....

#13 Double-0-Seven

Double-0-Seven

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 11:39 PM

I really enjoy playing Nightfire as well. The single player mode is fairly short, but has some very fun and entertaining levels. Multiplayer is very fun to play as well. I like the helicopters and tanks you can drive around, and I also like the fixed gun emplacements. Overall this is a great game, and very enjoyable throughout. :tup:

#14 The Richmond Spy

The Richmond Spy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1586 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 12:18 AM

Nightfire is great. Not only the actual game itself, but the multiplayer as well. I enjoy sniping my friends on the big snow level. Sometimes its fun to play "Top Agent" (or something like that) where everyone has 120 lives (including bots) and see who wins. I would recommend doing that on a smaller map though. Good game :tup: !

#15 Monkeyfoahead

Monkeyfoahead

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts
  • Location:A hollowed-out volcano, a submarine, and a moon base.

Posted 27 October 2006 - 02:59 AM

I lost my Nightfire, and now I'm sad. :P I cant find it anywhere.:P. It is very, very bad. :) :)

#16 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 04:48 PM

Don't feel bad MFAH. I lost the first disc of mine too.

#17 Monkeyfoahead

Monkeyfoahead

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts
  • Location:A hollowed-out volcano, a submarine, and a moon base.

Posted 29 October 2006 - 12:45 AM

Well, it's good to know that there are others. It still is a pain in the [censored] though.

#18 MR. BOND 93

MR. BOND 93

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 05:55 AM

I loved Nightfire until I came up to the mission where you have to drive the car underwater. I just absolutely could not beat it so I quit playing it until a couple months ago. I beat that mission, then got up until the very last mission where ninjas attack you. How the ---- are you supposed to kill them!?!?!?!?

The multiplayer is great though.

Has anyone noticed that all of the 3rd PS James Bond games have terrible multiplayer levels? Tomorrow Never Dies, Everything or Nothing, From Russia With Love... all of those multiplayers sucked.

But all of the FPS James Bond games have incredible multiplayer levels. Goldeneye, The World Is Not Enough, Nightfire, Goldeneye: Rogue Agent... all of those were great.