Classical music in Bond films

5 replies to this topic

#1 White-Knight

White-Knight

Recruit

• Crew
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 June 2002 - 04:18 PM

Does anybody know the name & composer of the piece of music that is played in 'The Living Daylights' when Bond & Kara arrive in the carriage outside their hotel, or the music played when they visit the opera?

I knew a few of the classical pieces from the films already, & thanks to http://www.geocities...bondsmellsarat/ I've found the rest, but I'm still no wiser about these two...
Any cultured people out there who can tell me?

#2 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 01 June 2002 - 06:24 PM

White-Knight, are you the same White Knight with around 600 posts and you lost your profile? Or are you new? If you're new: welcome to CB.n! :) If you're the same one: Bad luck with your profile. :)

And to get back on topic: I am not cultured enough to descern the classical music in The Living Daylights or others.

#3 Carver

Carver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1470 posts

Posted 01 June 2002 - 08:09 PM

Well, I don't know the answer to White Knights question, but I have one to ask: what about the music in TSWLM, when Stromberg feeds the woman to the shark? I know it is a famous piece, but I don't know the name, can anyone help me?

#4 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 01 June 2002 - 09:24 PM

I think it's: Mozart Piano Concerto #21 in C Major (Elvira Madigan), middle movement (Andante). That's on Bond Smells a Rat by the way.

#5 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 02 June 2002 - 12:19 PM

Carver (01 Jun, 2002 09:09 p.m.):
Well, I don't know the answer to White Knights question, but I have one to ask: what about the music in TSWLM, when Stromberg feeds the woman to the shark? I know it is a famous piece, but I don't know the name, can anyone help me?

'Air On a G-String' by J.S Bach

#6 White Knight

White Knight

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 02 June 2002 - 02:09 PM

White-Knight! we have an imposter. Well welcome to the forums. You can't imagine how puzzled I was to find my name at the bottom of the index twice. Once again, welcome to the forums. :-D