7 replies to this topic

#1 mccartney007

mccartney007

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3406 posts

Posted 06 May 2002 - 04:17 PM

Tomorrow I'll be driving to Denver to see Paul McCartney perform in Denver, Colorado and I may be meeting him.

I'll find out tonight if I'm definately going to meet him or not. Otherwise I'll make other arrangements to meet him... [EVIL LAUGHTER].

#2 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 07 May 2002 - 08:15 AM

General Koskov (07 May, 2002 02:59 a.m.):

Blofeld's Cat (07 May, 2002 02:53 a.m.):

General Koskov (07 May, 2002 02:18 a.m.):
He's planning to re-record Live and Let Die?

That's good to hear. Is it for a special reason, General?

??? Huh? ??? I was asking you!

Sorry, General. I didn't see the "?" after the white lettering of Die Another Day.

With such a dark background the white lettering tends to play tricks on the eye when trying to detect black straight after it.

As for a re-recording of Live and Let Die, I was only suggesting that the question could be asked of Sir Paul on such a possibility.

#3 mccartney007

mccartney007

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3406 posts

Posted 09 May 2002 - 04:06 AM

Just got back from the concert -- it was fantastic. He did perform "Live and Let Die" with his new band and it rocked. On the video screens they showed flashing white dots which eventually turned into the gunbarrel logos of the Connery and Moore era which eventually flashed to scenes of Connery driving in "Dr. No" and Dalton post-crisp Sanchez from "Licence to Kill." Naturally, LALD was performed to explosions on stage. Also, the program book has a quote from Paul regarding his camera wrist watch which everyone everyone calls his "James Bond watch."

Unfortunately I didn't get to meet Paul after the show. I got ropped into working on Monday night and never got to call Paul's publicist back about doing an interview. After the show I zoomed around back to the artist's entrance/exit in hopes of catching him as he left, but, unfortunately the security guards were out in full force. I did get to see him leave -- although it was through the cracks of a wall. I did get to meet a fairly attractive girl who is about my age there, though, so it wasn't a total disappointment. :) I caught a glimpse of Macca in a big, clunky, black bus with Heather, Cameron Crowe, and the rest of his band as they drove by.

Macca has eluded me once again! One day you will be mine. Oh yes, you will be mine... Bwahahaha.

#4 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 06 May 2002 - 05:44 PM

My advise:
Don't bring up Linda.
If you find yourself unable to utter anything more than gutteral sounds, try to make them sound like 'Oo Blah Dee Blah Da'.
Don't ask him if he ever died during the sixties.
Wear dark pants in case you wet yourself.

#5 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 06 May 2002 - 11:46 PM

Jordan, if you do get to personally meet him, my guess is that his first comment will be: "Jordy, I'm amazed at the way you love me all the time." :)

While you're at it, ask him when he plans to re-record Live And Let Die. I new version from The Man would be fun.

#6 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 07 May 2002 - 01:18 AM

#7 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts

Posted 07 May 2002 - 01:53 AM

#8 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 07 May 2002 - 01:59 AM

Blofeld's Cat (07 May, 2002 02:53 a.m.):

??? Huh? ??? I was asking you!