This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

How about they use the [i]007 Theme[/i] again?

4 replies to this topic

#1 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 09 March 2002 - 05:06 AM

I, for one, think that this is the single best piece of James Bond action music (Ski Chase is nearly equal). I loved how Barry re-used it in Thunderball, YOLT, DAF, and Moonraker.

I believe Arnold should put it in Bond 20, or 21, or 22...ecetera.

What does everyone else think? ???

#2 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 08 April 2002 - 02:28 AM

The 007 theme would work well with a modern technoish sound. I'd love to see it return.

#3 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 08 April 2002 - 01:34 AM

To set the record straight, we are talking about the 'OO7 Theme' not the 'James Bond Theme'. They are two completely differnt pieces of music. The OO7 theme was used in From Russia With Love, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, Diamonds Are Forever and Moonraker. It is this theme that we want updated and re-used.

Anyway, I came here to ask if anyone knew how everything was going. I know that DunphboyOO7 was going to send David Arnold a persuasion letter aswell as the names of all the people that want the theme re-used. Does anybody know if he was successful with this or not?
I hope he did manage to persuade him.

#4 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 09 March 2002 - 12:45 PM

There are many people her4e who think that thet theme should be used again. me included. It's a great piece of music and it would be great if DA could update and bring it into the 21st century in style.

A while ago we tried thinking of ways to contact DA to try and persuade him to use the theme. At the moment, I think Dunphboy007 is working on a letter which he hopes to send to Arnold's agents.

#5 James Bond

James Bond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 March 2002 - 12:28 AM

I'm sure Mr. Arnold is very much capable of making a fantastic James Bond theme. Take for example the TND soundtrack, almost in every track you hear a different version of the James Bond theme. That's why in my opinion it's the best score for a Bond-film since Moonraker.