5 replies to this topic

#1 Rolex

Rolex

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 448 posts

Posted 21 February 2002 - 01:27 PM

There have been so many remakes of old films and TV programs including TB into Never say Never again.
What bond film would you remake? What changes would you make? If you changed the title what it would be called?
I would remake AVTAK as this was so dire and change the plotline to incorporate Flemings story concerning dispatch rider.
Apologies if this has been discussed before, i could not find any reference on the message boards.

#2 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 14 March 2002 - 04:59 AM

Remake?!! Yeah, I've been working on remakes for DAF, TMWTGG, LALD and Moonraker (though Moonraker is pretty good, just Fleming's book should not be overlooked).

They're all pretty much like the books, but at the end of DAF, Bond goes to Blofeld's oil rig (or well on land). It turns out like YOLTs ending with Bond losing his memory (not sure exactly how to work in Kissy-type girl).

TMWTGG follows Bond as he almost assassinates M after being brainwashed by the Chinese, and then is sent after Scaramanga who is working with 'the Group' to keep the Vietnamese war going for benefits of an crazy American colonel (not a crazy Russian this time), a Chinese general wanting to enter the war and take the country over, and several gangsters who are going to make money in Europe and America if the war continues.

(Did I mention these are going to be period films, meant to emulate what they'd have looked like if made when they were made?)

LALD is pretty much the same but a Soviet-employed Mr Big (not Kananga, Ross will be honoured in someone else's name) shall be smuggling heroin into the Britain and US to lower the countries' morale (as in Risico). He'll use Bloody Morgan's gold to pay Russia somehow.

Moonraker is an update of Fleming's novel; replacing a nuclear rocket with a space shuttle. The Moonraker programme is Britain's answer to the American's space programme and Sir Hugo Drax is financing it. His real plan? To explode the shuttle in high altitude over London, with radioactive dust in it's fuel takns, the explosion will bring swift and slow death to the entire population of the UK thus allowing room for his 'master race'. Oh and this time the race will be Aryan, not several master races as with the suspiciously PC Drax of '79. :)

So what does everone think? Load of [cuss], or genuine Eon material? :)

#3 Lonely Gunman

Lonely Gunman

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 96 posts

Posted 14 March 2002 - 02:24 PM

I would take OHMSS and replace GL by SC with CGI technique. Or make RM in OP and AVTAK a little younger.

#4 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 21 February 2002 - 02:22 PM

I'd remake GoldenEye. I'd remove the holes in the plot and make it run smoother. I'd also get David Arnold or John Barry to re-score the whole soundtrack.
I'd also redo all the scenes to make them more Bondian. Some of the character's lines aren't up to much either.

#5 jnDoubleshot

jnDoubleshot

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 February 2002 - 09:34 PM

It's always fun for me to think which Bond film I would remake if I had the chance and why. Frankly, if Bond was being re-introduced to this generation (assuming we didn't have Bond in the 70's or 80's, and these films were only a couple of classic spy films from the 60's), I would take bits and pieces from the films and make sort of a "super film".

I would take the Pre-Titles Sequence from Tomorrow Never Dies, plot elements and dialogue from Thunderball, the character/idea of Trevelyn from GoldenEye, and some of my favorite action sequences from other films (such as the Caviar Factor sequence from TWINE, the sky chase from FYEO, and the car park chase from TND). Of course, there would have to be room for the character moments - especially with Bond, who the audience is supposed to come to admire as the hero. I would probably use some of the better lines from Dr. No, FRWL, and Goldfinger as well.

#6 ThomasCrown76

ThomasCrown76

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 29 March 2002 - 02:19 AM

I'd do The Living Daylights Special Edition and digitally insert Pierce Brosnan into the part of James Bond. Goldeneye would then be Bond 16, Tomorrow Never Dies Bond 17, and so on. License To Kill will not be acknowledged and will cease to exist.