7 replies to this topic

#1 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 21 February 2002 - 04:41 AM

I've got the John Lane collection of 'The Best of James Bond's themes' (or something like that) but I cannot find sheet music to other tracks than title ones (and lyrical ones like: Do you know how Christmas trees are grown?, or We have all the time in the World, etc.). I saw once what seemed to be the sheet music for the tracks of FYEO, but the site didn't give enough info. Does anyone at CBN have sheet music to the 'action' themes (aside form '007') or at least know of it?

Maybe they never converted the themes to piano though.

PS. I wish the Nobody Does it Better that was mostly a piano solo would come out on sheet music for piano since it would sound better than the adaptation from the main titles.

#2 Dunph

Dunph

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3826 posts

Posted 24 February 2002 - 05:34 PM

I believe that's the version I have, Danny Boy, the songs are excellent, and now I'm a pro at Nobody Does It Better, but I think Koskov was after sheet music for the action cues.

Imagine it though, having SHEET MUSIC for Backseat Driver, or Come in 007, Your Time Is Up....amazing...

#3 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 24 February 2002 - 06:10 PM

Yes, the action cues are what I'm after. I suppose with practice, I could learn them by listening, but sheet music would be nice.

PS. I'm a pro at 'Nobody Does it Better' too! Probably because it was the simplest when I got the music.

#4 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 24 February 2002 - 11:01 PM

You wouldn't happen to have a scanner would you Dunphboy007?

One of the best piano pieces if Tomorrow Never Dies. The into to that is great. I don't actually have the music, but I've hammered it out a few times.

#5 Dunph

Dunph

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3826 posts

Posted 22 February 2002 - 06:31 PM

Hey Koskov, I recently bought a collection of, as you said above, sheet music for the title tracks for piano and vocal, known as "The James Bond 007 Collection" and the cover features all the Bond film VHS covers. Unfortunately I know of no other sheet music for piano regarding the action and romance cues of the films (which, I presume, is what you're after).

I only know of some action and romance cue sheet music for brass band, or other similar bands. To my knowledge, no sheet music exists solely for the piano.

Sorry I wasn't much help, I've been searching for something similar, and I'm just explaining what I've found. Can anyone else shed any light on this for him?

#6 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 23 February 2002 - 07:33 PM

Thanks anyway. I had a feeling it wouldn't have been converted.

#7 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 24 February 2002 - 09:23 AM

There is a book that has a lot of the themes, including Christmas Trees.... I have it, but I've lent it to my girlfriend so I can't source it right now.

Let me check Amazon...

#8 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 24 February 2002 - 09:27 AM

Okay

http://www.amazon.co...0851350-2196603 this is one I don't own but it sounds really good according to the review! I really want some of the music out of this. 'Surrender' would be ace!

The one I have I can't find on there. But apparently the above one has all the titles.

If you can't order off Amazon go to your local music store with the ISBN and the Publisher and they should be able to get it!

I wish there was a place like Napster for sheet music. I really want Surrender now!