#1 MrMoneypenny

MrMoneypenny

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 182 posts

Posted 17 February 2002 - 01:53 AM

Hello all,

Some night ago I was watching 'Goldfinger' as part of ABC's the Bond Picture Show. In between they were interviewing previous Bond-girls and as a background music they had this song playing called 'I Wanna Be A Bond Girl'. I thought the song was so cool and ran to my laptop to go on the net to find it. But no such luck. Apparently nobody had ever heard of this song. I then went to several music stores here in Los Angeles, but the only thing I could find was a piece of music called 'I Wanna be a James Bond Girl' by Leroy James, composed and recorded in the 60ies. The version I had heard must have been made recently.

Do any of you know this song and does anyone know who performs it? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease help me.

#2 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 17 February 2002 - 06:33 PM

James... would that feature under alternative bond music? IE will it be available to download off your site? Because I'd love to hear it!

#3 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 17 February 2002 - 12:18 PM

Ultra-lounge
Odd Job Man
I Wanna be a James Bond Girl

If you type in "wanna be bond girl" into Audiogalaxy that's the result I get, along with a couple of Leroy James versions.

I'm downloading it now, but it's stuck behind another 20 or so tracks in the queue, but I'll reply on here as soon as i have it to let you know if it's the right one.

#4 MrMoneypenny

MrMoneypenny

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 182 posts

Posted 18 February 2002 - 07:35 AM

Thanks for all your help James.... Unfortunately, that was the cd I was holding in my hands the day after I had heard the song... and that wasn't it. The Ultra-Lounge version called Odd Job Man/ I wanna Be A James Bond Girl, IS the Leroy James version...
The new version was sung by a female singer, sounded very funky and was probably recorded in the late 90ies or early 2000.