#1 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 25 October 2001 - 11:59 PM

Hasn't anyone played this game?

Well, as per Blofelds_cat's request over at a different topic, here is a mini- review/description of the game.

I've read a lot of reviews about the game, most of them complaining about it. (I don't play too many video games so don't know if these complaints are justified) but I liked it. What I especially liked were the missions created just for the game that aren't in the movie, blowing up the satellite dish at the terrorist camp, infiltrating the terrorist camp to assassinate Ishashi Isaguara (probably not spelt right, but that's the Japanese terrorist from the TND pre-title sequence) and even the mission were you play as Wai Lin and where you drive the BMW to destory the convoy. Adding more interest to the game, rather than just running around shooting people, are the parts where you get to ski and drive the BMW and using the MIG to destroy the arms bazaar. On of my favorites is the ending, on the stealth boat, even though I get annoyed with having to shoot the guys about eight times before they die.

#2 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 26 October 2001 - 06:25 AM

My Comment...read my review :)

#3 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 26 October 2001 - 03:47 PM

RossMan, what have been the complaints, and how does this game compare to others of its type?

#4 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 26 October 2001 - 09:47 PM

The complaints that I've seen are mostly about the controls, how "it handles" but I don't quite know what they mean because I never had any problems with that. ANd that it does not live up to the standards of the previous Goldeneye game for Nintendo. I can't really answer how it would compare with others like it since, as I said above, I really haven't and don't play too many video games but I thought it was pretty enjoyable. A little short though, I think there's only about 10/11 missions.

No, I haven't played TWINE yet.
If anyone is interested, I do have two codes for the game, invincibility and infinite supply of weapons and ammunition.
I find these codes very helpful when I get tired of sitting there and getting killed and feel like moving on to a new mission.

What sort of hints would you like General Orlov? It's been a while since I've played but I'll help you out if I can. (I'll probably play it sometime again this weekend if i get the chance)

#5 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 27 October 2001 - 12:47 AM

RossMan (26 Oct, 2001 10:50 p.m.):

If anyone is interested, I do have two codes,......invincibility and infinite supply of weapons and ammunition.
I find these codes very helpful when I get tired of sitting there and getting killed and feel like moving on to a new mission.

Sounds like where I work. I could do with those codes around here. :)

#6 General Orlov

General Orlov

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 October 2001 - 12:36 AM

I never get beyond the first missions, so I can't really say what the game is like as a whole.
But I liked the parts that I played...
Maybe you could give me some hints...

Did you play TWINE as well? I would also need some hints on that one...

#7 0007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 10:34 PM

Originally posted by General Orlov
Did you play TWINE as well? I would also need some hints on that one...

What level are you stuck on? And in what difficulty?