Order online at amazon.co.uk

#2 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 02:56 AM

I cannot wait! I'm (finally!) nearing the end of the first one, and absolutely loved it. I completely urge any and all Bond fans to get this first book.

#3 Lionheart

Lionheart

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 05:32 PM

Isn't it about time Samantha Weinberg/Kate Westbrook gets her own CBn Forum topic: Samantha Weinberg (2005-) ?

Oh, I'm almost half way through the first one. Enjoying it alot!

#4 Hitch

Hitch

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1219 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 05:35 PM

Seconded! :D

I bet Samantha would love that enigmatic question mark in (2005 - ?)...

I hope she's strengthened the joists in her attic; Jane Moneypenny's voluminous jottings must be placing a strain on the structure.:tup:

:D

Edited by Hitch, 16 November 2005 - 05:43 PM.

#5 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 12:58 AM

I still need to read the first one. I hope it gets released here soon.

#6 TortillaFactory

TortillaFactory

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1964 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 08:57 PM

Finally, FINALLY started in on this last night. So far it's very interesting and well-written. Has a little wrinkle in the corner from where I stupidly spilled water on it, but that's kinda my fault.

Can't wait for #2.

Edited by TortillaFactory, 17 November 2005 - 08:58 PM.

#7 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 03:55 PM

-----UPDATE-----

Author Samantha Weinberg updates CBn readers

#8 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 06:54 PM

Why the hell aren't they publishing these in the United States? :tup:

#9 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 05:55 PM

Bingo! Book 2 is here:

Secret Servant: The Moneypenny Diaries, Vol 2

#10 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 06:48 PM

I just finished book 1 last night - it was breathtaking, when i bought i thought i wouldn't like it but it's brilliant. i cant wait for book 2 later this year lets hope the writing and the character of MMM is the same if not better than in book 1

#11 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 06:54 PM

Thanks good to hear, mharkin.

I think this series exsists under the radar of most fans and that's a shame because it's really very good. Fans keep asking when IFP is going to do some more "adult" Bond novels...well, they already are!

#12 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 10:54 PM

VERY cool! Now on the main page...

-----UPDATE-----

Volume 2 of 'The Moneypenny Diaries' announced

#13 archer1949

archer1949

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 11:54 PM

That's all well and good, but does anyone know if and when they will be published here in the US at all?

#14 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 12:06 AM

That's all well and good, but does anyone know if and when they will be published here in the US at all?

Yes...but we don't know when.

#15 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 12:07 AM

I think this series exsists under the radar of most fans and that's a shame because it's really very good. Fans keep asking when IFP is going to do some more "adult" Bond novels...well, they already are!

I'm baffled by the lack of discussion of "The Moneypenny Diaries: Guardian Angel" on CBn. Seems very few people have read it. Now, granted, it's only just come out in paperback, and I've only just bought it myself, but still....

I'm currently re-reading all the Bond novels I own, aiming to have my retrospective done by the time of CR's release (on "Dr No" now, with - obviously - plenty still to go), so "Moneypenny" is right at the end of the queue (after "BloodFever"), but it's taking an awful lot of willpower not to rip Kate Westbrook's book down from my shelf and devour it straight away! :tup: Fairly easy to let the new Higson lie for a while, but there's something about new fiction that connects with Fleming's series (yes, I know that's also supposed to be a selling point of the Higsons, but, frankly, and with no disrespect towards Higson intended, I imagine that Westbrook evokes the world of Fleming rather more naturally [because she's not writing for children]).

But why not set the ball rolling and start a discussion thread about "Guardian Angel", zen? :D Content, characters, merits as a gripping yarn, etc., not just book release dates. I'd do it myself, but, like I say, I haven't read it yet.

#16 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 12:46 AM

Quoting from the article:

Fans in the US can also look forward to an eventual release of the first volume of the The Moneypenny Diaries, says Ms. Weinberg.

When exactly still appears to be unclear at the moment, as zencat says.

#17 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 03:57 AM

Is the first book worth importing or should I just wait it out for the US release? Seems to be taking far too long to make it stateside.

#18 Double-Oh Agent

Double-Oh Agent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4325 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 04:58 AM

I'm baffled by the lack of discussion of "The Moneypenny Diaries: Guardian Angel" on CBn. Seems very few people have read it. Now, granted, it's only just come out in paperback, and I've only just bought it myself, but still....

My guess Loomis, is that many people--like K1Bond007 and myself--are waiting for it to come to America to read it. When it finally arrives, I know I, for one, will get it and read it and comment on it. We just had no idea it would take so long to get here. Bad preparation/scheduling on the publisher's part I'd say. Whenever The Moneypenny Diaries: Guardian Angel does arrive, it can't get here soon enough.

By the way, does anyone else find it odd that Book 1 is called The Moneypenny Diaries: Guardian Angel, while Book 2 is called Secret Servant: The Moneypenny Diaries? Seems like the books should follow the same pattern and have The Moneypenny Diaries either before the sub-title or after. Personally, I like the title arrangement of Book 1 better.

#19 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 05:08 AM

My guess Loomis, is that many people--like K1Bond007 and myself--are waiting for it to come to America to read it. When it finally arrives, I know I, for one, will get it and read it and comment on it. We just had no idea it would take so long to get here. Bad preparation/scheduling on the publisher's part I'd say. Whenever The Moneypenny Diaries: Guardian Angel does arrive, it can't get here soon enough.

Yup. I kinda wish I would have importeded it a while back when it was first released in the UK. I thought about it, but I didn't want to pay the extra cash to import if it was going to be stateside "soon" for a cheaper price.

I have so many books to read though. I don't know if I would have gotten to it by now, honestly. I still have Brokenclaw - Cold to read that are sitting on my shelf - not to mention the release of Blood Fever "soon."

#20 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 04:06 PM

Is the first book worth importing or should I just wait it out for the US release? Seems to be taking far too long to make it stateside.

The price of the paperback on Amazon.co.uk + shipping will come out to be about the same price as a US hardcover, maybe even a little less. This is also true of the Young Bond novels. There's no reason to wait for a US editions if you want these books. And you get the books sooner, unedited, and with cooler covers.

#21 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 09:34 PM

The price of the paperback on Amazon.co.uk + shipping will come out to be about the same price as a US hardcover, maybe even a little less. This is also true of the Young Bond novels. There's no reason to wait for a US editions if you want these books. And you get the books sooner, unedited, and with cooler covers.

Couldn't have said it better. This is a terrific book and well worth the price.

#22 Tiin007

Tiin007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1696 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 12:27 PM

By the way, does anyone else find it odd that Book 1 is called The Moneypenny Diaries: Guardian Angel, while Book 2 is called Secret Servant: The Moneypenny Diaries? Seems like the books should follow the same pattern and have The Moneypenny Diaries either before the sub-title or after.

I also noticed that. Maybe the title will be changed to match Book 1 when it is released, so it will be called The Moneypenny Diaries: Secret Servant.

#23 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 03:49 PM

By the way, does anyone else find it odd that Book 1 is called The Moneypenny Diaries: Guardian Angel, while Book 2 is called Secret Servant: The Moneypenny Diaries? Seems like the books should follow the same pattern and have The Moneypenny Diaries either before the sub-title or after.

I also noticed that. Maybe the title will be changed to match Book 1 when it is released, so it will be called The Moneypenny Diaries: Secret Servant.

Yeah, right now all we have to go on is a title on Amazon and sometimes those change a bit. The "Young Bond" part shifts back and forth on listings.

#24 Trempo

Trempo

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 07:39 PM

Yeah, right now all we have to go on is a title on Amazon and sometimes those change a bit. The "Young Bond" part shifts back and forth on listings.

The first book (hardcover) has the title The Moneypenny Diaries: Intended for Her Eyes Only on the cover. The Guardian Angel is only inside (on page 3). Hopefully they stay with this for the next two books. Although it would be then difficult to distinguish the books the. :tup:

#25 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 03:42 PM

-----UPDATE-----

Now discounted on amazon.co.uk

#26 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 03:49 PM

I cant wait untill secret servant the moneypenny diarys are very faithfull to flemings bond and i'm looking forward too volume 2

#27 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 03:58 PM

Hey, that plot synopsis is new, isn't it? :)

#28 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 04:28 PM

Yes indeed.

#29 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 04:40 PM

Sweet.

Now where the heck is the cover art?

#30 Pam Bouvier

Pam Bouvier

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 05:51 PM

-----UPDATE-----

Now discounted on amazon.co.uk

Thanks, Qwerty!
Just ordered mine. My birthday is in November, so this is a litttle brithday present to me! :) Price wasn't bad, for a hardcover.