76 replies to this topic

#31 Scrambled Eggs

Scrambled Eggs

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 01:49 PM

[quote name='clinkeroo' date='14 November 2005 - 07:48']There's this great angle in The Last Temptation of Christ where Satan (at least one can assume it's him, it may have even been God) shows Jesus, while he's on the cross, what his life would have been had he chosen to live the life of a common man.

#32 spynovelfan

spynovelfan

Commander CMG

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5855 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 02:26 PM

Lovely stuff, Clinkster. :tup:

#33 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 03:06 PM

Great one, Clink. Quite different, but the story creates a mental picture immediately.

#34 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 05:44 PM

WOW!

#35 clinkeroo

clinkeroo

Commander

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 01:17 AM

Thanks, guys, one and all. I'm amazed that a Bond poem took so many hits. Who would have thought :tup: ?

#36 Pam Bouvier

Pam Bouvier

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 02:56 AM

Very unique and quite lovely!

#37 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 06:17 AM

Thanks, guys, one and all.  I'm amazed that a Bond poem took so many hits.  Who would have thought :tup: ?

View Post

Indeed; but then it's a (new) breath of something new for this fanfiction section. Maybe we could turn it into a weekly thing? :D

#38 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4631 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 06:17 PM

Excellent, Clink! :tup:

A bleak poem! :D

#39 TortillaFactory

TortillaFactory

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1964 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 08:16 PM

Some great imagery there, clink. It really flows. nice and dark - and I like my Bond like I don't like my chocolate - dark. I like my chocolate milky and sweet. Well, I like my Bond milky and sweet, too, but there's a bit of that in the poem as well...so, it's the best of both worlds!

Good work.

#40 Hawkeye

Hawkeye

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 10:14 PM

I actually got a little chill on that last line.

Edited by Hawkeye, 15 November 2005 - 10:14 PM.

#41 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 10:33 PM

Great stuff.

#42 Quartermaster007

Quartermaster007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1123 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 11:57 PM

:D

:tup:

#43 clinkeroo

clinkeroo

Commander

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 06:45 AM

Answering the Sunday bell once more. A little less bleak, this time, I think.

Come on, Hitch, time to ante up with some new material.

#44 Hitch

Hitch

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1219 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 11:13 AM

*looks around*

Are you sure 3475 is free? Too good, Clinkers. Drew me in and welcomed me with images such as:

"...like a cat insistent on getting between a reader and his morning paper."

and..."personal Mason-Dixie line."

You are always in control of your writing, it seems, by which I mean you know how to affect the reader, when to hold back, when to tease and when to reveal (I'm making you sound like a strip-tease artist), which makes the whole journey a lot of fun. The final line fits nicely into the Bond tradition of one-liners.

(Sorry I haven't written any stories recently, but after finishing TWIMC I did pump out three or four bits and pieces here and kept the MI6 fanfic thread going - not to mention squiring D's W in another thread :tup: :D - and I am now pooperinoed.)

3475 went as smoothly as 1234. :D

Edited by Hitch, 21 November 2005 - 11:14 AM.

#45 Lazenby880

Lazenby880

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 01:10 PM

Agreed; very fine piece of work.

When reading your work, Clinkers, one always feels in the company of a talent at work. You infuse all of your writings with your own distinctive voice and do so with a sureness and certainty that can only be admired. Some fine imagery and prose abound, with a satisfying ending.

Good stuff. :tup: Out of interest, do you have any plans to write anything more substantial soon, a la DEATHSTYLES OF THE RICH AND THE BLAMELESS or WOMAN UNDER GLASS? I ask as, especially after reading the superb BLOOD MAKES THE GRASS GROW, my appetite for a new Clinkstory has been roused.

Edited by Lazenby880, 21 November 2005 - 01:11 PM.

#46 spynovelfan

spynovelfan

Commander CMG

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5855 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 01:14 PM

Okay. And then what happened? :D

Yes, very nice stuff, as ever. Like the nice gentle nudge the wrong way at the start, where you open with the scar that makes us think it's James and then casually reveal the hair - small thing, but the mark of a pro. Like the warmth of it, that Felix lives happily ever after and even in advancing years has a woman who loves him and gives him great head. :tup: Can I say that? :D Anyway, you've written it beautifully.

I'd quite like to see a novel by you about a former CIA agent who had a run-in with a shark now living with his therapist. And then he's roped in, for one last job.

We won't tell IFP about it. :D

(It's not so daft an idea. Have you read James Sallis' DEATH WILL HAVE YOUR EYES? I think you might appreciate it. The protagonist is basically Sam Durrell, Joe Gall and a little Matt Helm, updated and treated seriously. First chapter here. Not so different, is it?)

#47 clinkeroo

clinkeroo

Commander

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 01:19 PM

Yes, as long as ABJ007 still wants it, I'll be posting a story over there called Gone to Pieces about the MECAS in Beirut :tup: .

It will be nice and bleak :D .

#48 Lazenby880

Lazenby880

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 01:20 PM

Yes, very nice stuff, as ever. Like the nice gentle nudge the wrong way at the start, where you open with the scar that makes us think it's James and then casually reveal the hair - small thing, but the mark of a pro.

View Post

Precisely; neat trick without going too far with it. As Hitch said, a gentle 'tease' in the wrong direction. Moreover, good to read something by Clinkahoo showing that he can write convivial shorts as well as dark gloomy bits (as much as I thoroughly enjoy the latter).

Will certainly check out the story at AJB, the other Bond 'home' of mine.

Like the warmth of it, that Felix lives happily ever after and even in advancing years has a woman who loves him and gives him great head. :tup: Can I say that? :D Anyway, you've written it beautifully.

View Post

:D I am sure you do like the 'warmth' of 'it'.

Edited by Lazenby880, 21 November 2005 - 01:24 PM.

#49 clinkeroo

clinkeroo

Commander

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 01:21 PM

Hi, SNF. No, I haven't read it, but I do enjoy the Helm stories, so I'll check it out later today. Thanks.

#50 clinkeroo

clinkeroo

Commander

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 01:26 PM

Like the warmth of it, that Felix lives happily ever after and even in advancing years has a woman who loves him and gives him great head. :tup: Can I say that? :D Anyway, you've written it beautifully.

View Post

:D I am sure you do like the 'warmth' of 'it'.

View Post

Yes, I thought about the cliche of having her last line be muffled, but I thought it would be to much :( .

Bad! Bad, Writer :D !

#51 TortillaFactory

TortillaFactory

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1964 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 07:39 PM

has a woman who loves him and gives him great head.

Don't you mean Goodhead?

Sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry.

Clink, wonderful as usual. You've somehow telapathically stolen another one of my ideas, though I suppose Felix ending up with his physical therapist isn't much of a stretch anyway. Ha ha - physical therapist - stretch. I'm on a roll.

Loved the line about a cat getting between the reader and the paper, as well, and the Mason-Dixie (though it's properly "Dixon", isn't it?) line sent me into a fit of giggles. Suddenly Felix - "shot through with grey" though he might be - sounds sexy.

Edited by TortillaFactory, 21 November 2005 - 11:50 PM.

#52 clinkeroo

clinkeroo

Commander

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 01:11 AM

Loved the line about a cat getting between the reader and the paper, as well, and the Mason-Dixie (though it's properly "Dixon", isn't it?) line sent me into a fit of giggles.  Suddenly Felix - "shot through with grey" though he might be - sounds sexy.

View Post

Naughty, TF, very naughty. Here I thought us boys were bad :tup:.

Quite right about the Mason and Dixon line, but because our dear Felix always was a bit of a redneck, I went with the Southern colloquialism of Mason-Dixie. Clinkeroo has always been a bit of a bluegrass music fan (and sometimes, much like Hitch, he writes of himself in the third person :D .)

#53 TortillaFactory

TortillaFactory

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1964 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 02:01 AM

Bluegrass? *hearts Nickel Creek*

Yes, very naughty. Would I be a Bond fan otherwise? It's your fault for putting such thoughts about Felix into my head. Tsk.

#54 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 06:25 AM

[Mods Note: Upon request, this thread and the fanfiction posting thread here is now entitled 'Sundays, Bloody Sundays' and encompasses the previous stories 'To Hell With Her', 'Blood Makes The Grass Grow', 'Broken', and '3475'.

All links in this thread to the stories have been updated, as well as those links from the stories to this discussion area. This thread is intended for discussion and future stories only by clinkeroo.
]

#55 clinkeroo

clinkeroo

Commander

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 06:54 AM

Thanks, Qwerty,

Makes me feel like I have my own little corner in the Blades Club :tup: . These bleak little bits really do belong together.

Thanks again,

clinkeroo

...Bleak Little Bits...sounds like a breakfast cereal for manic depressives :D .

Edited by clinkeroo, 25 November 2005 - 06:58 AM.

#56 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 06:55 AM

Not a problem.

#57 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 12:21 AM

And now...

The Big, Bond Wolfe

#58 TortillaFactory

TortillaFactory

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1964 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 04:12 AM

What can I say, clink? You are always, always splendid. I probably would have LOL'd harder if I knew the first thing about Nero Wolfe, but the fact that I can enjoy without having any idea what you're talking about says a great deal about your skill.

Poor Bond.

#59 Lazenby880

Lazenby880

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 01:24 PM

Another great piece of writing clink. You had me laughing out loud. Most entertaining.

I really am enjoying the more humorous additions to the site. Brilliant fun. :tup:

#60 clinkeroo

clinkeroo

Commander

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 03:32 PM

Another Deadline Midnight Saturday story. They're similar to our old Fifteen Minute Challenges, but you have a Saturday to get them posted.

For those who may be offended by what the story suggests, all I can say is that I loved him too, and I cried my eyes out that night. It's just a story :) .

Once the mods give her the once over, this will be the the link to

And In the End...

Edited by clinkeroo, 17 September 2006 - 07:14 PM.