13 replies to this topic

#1 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 21 September 2001 - 11:58 PM

Regulars may remember the thread where I pointed out the little nods at the end of TWINE that now annoys Daniel every time he watches it =)

But after watching TSWLM again tonight, I spotted the production crew popped a little joke that nobody's brought up before.

When Bond and Anya are underwater in the Lotus-sub and the twin-diver mobile springs out from Atlantis, Bond swings right to avoid the havoc - but if you watch real close he switches his indictor on!!! 007 always one to adhere to the underwater highway code...

#2 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 22 September 2001 - 05:30 PM

Blue Eyes (22 Sep, 2001 02:54 a.m.):
So Zencat. You know it all about TSWLM do you? Not a trivia question here. But what do you think is the most fascinating fact/tid-bit/piece of trivia that about it? I'd love to hear some strange fact I never knew :)

Oh boy, now I'm on the spot. Hummmm...

You did know that the original plot involved a group of young eco-terrorists forcibly taking over SPECTRE and using Blofeld's operations and weapons to make the ultimate anti-nuke statement by unleashing armageddon?

This was nixed because it was deemed too political, and the SPECTRE/McClory thing was just starting to heat up.

#3 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 22 September 2001 - 09:03 PM

Please correct me if I make a mistake...

>Bernard Lee (the original M) crops up in a Brosnan Bond.
A portrait on the wall of the Scottish MI6 HQ in TWINE

>Ian Fleming appears
Standing by the sidings in FRWL

>Maud Adams makes her appearance in her THIRD Bond movie.
Getting off a tram in San Fransisco in AVTAK

>The James Bond Theme tune done by riocheting bullets![/quote]
The tanker chase in LTK

#4 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 22 September 2001 - 09:17 PM

James Page (22 Sep, 2001 10:03 p.m.):
>Maud Adams makes her appearance in her THIRD Bond movie.
Getting off a tram in San Fransisco in AVTAK

I've looked and I've looked and I've never seen her.

#5 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 22 September 2001 - 09:28 PM

Neither have I, but it's one of those great pieces of Bondian folklore...

#6 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 23 September 2001 - 12:00 AM

zencat (22 Sep, 2001 06:30 p.m.):
Oh boy, now I'm on the spot. Hummmm...

You did know that the original plot involved a group of young eco-terrorists forcibly taking over SPECTRE and using Blofeld's operations and weapons to make the ultimate anti-nuke statement by unleashing armageddon?

This was nixed because it was deemed too political, and the SPECTRE/McClory thing was just starting to heat up.

I knew you'd come up with something fascinating! And no, I didn't know that! How amusing. I can see where bits of the plot lines were kept. Stromberg was very Blofeld-like.

But well done Zencat. Amazing stuff :)

#7 R

R

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 23 September 2001 - 02:51 PM

James Page: right on all counts. Apparently Maud Adams just happened to be in SF when the Bond crew were filming, and so was inserted into the backgorund. And don't worry abut not finding her, legend has it that *she* hasn't spotted herself yet...

More clues for the ones that have been missed...

Pedro Armindarez's son is in LTK

Eunice Grayson's daughter is in GE

Kevin McClory is in TB

Speaking of cameo's, does anyone have a complete list of Michael G. Wilson's appearances in Bond films?

#8 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 22 September 2001 - 01:54 AM

Good Lord, I'll have to watch out for that one for sure!! How bloody funny and typical of Bond. Much like Brossie's tie-straightening act underwater in TWINE (which according to Apted was Brossie's idea!)

So Zencat. You know it all about TSWLM do you? Not a trivia question here. But what do you think is the most fascinating fact/tid-bit/piece of trivia that about it? I'd love to hear some strange fact I never knew :)

#9 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 22 September 2001 - 12:41 AM

James Page (22 Sep, 2001 12:58 a.m.):
When Bond and Anya are underwater in the Lotus-sub and the twin-diver mobile springs out from Atlantis, Bond swings right to avoid the havoc - but if you watch real close he switches his indictor on!!! 007 always one to adhere to the underwater highway code...

Hate to sound like a know-it-all, but when it comes to SPY (my favorite Bond film), well, I know it all!

Yes, I've seen this and it always cracks me up.

#10 level007

level007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 22 September 2001 - 03:13 AM

hi

this is a great idea to search all of the little hidden treasures there is on the bond movie.

May be everyone Know it but that s not sure:
Twine is the first movie in which the end of the gunbarrel is different. From Dr No to TND, when bond shoot in the gunbarrel, the white hole always go down to show the first moment of the film. On the contrary ,in TWine the white hole goes up to show us Brosnan.

This is just a little thing i discover when i bought the dvd of TWINE.

Also i find that for every actors who played bond, the last episode is in America:
Las Vegas for Connery (Diamonds are forever)
Los Angeles for Moore (A view to a kill)
Florida for Dalton (Licence to kill)

(Lazenby is an exception because he made only one movie)

So if Bond 20 actually happen in AMerica, this is may be the last of the brosnan movie

level007

#11 R

R

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 22 September 2001 - 10:58 AM

Some little cameos to whet your appetite, see if you can spot them, or already know where....

Bernard Lee (the original M) crops up in a Brosnan Bond.

Kevin McClory makes a cameo

Ian Fleming appears

Maud Adams makes her appearance in her THIRD Bond movie.

Pedro Amendariz (Kerim Bey)'s son

Eunice Graysosn (Sylvia Trench)'s daughter

And finally, my favourite audio cameo...

The James Bond Theme tune done by riocheting bullets!

#12 level007

level007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 22 September 2001 - 11:37 AM

Hi R

Can you tell me more about the third bond movie of maud Adams, because i didn t know she had a cameo in another bond movie.
and also de Kevin Mc Glory cameo !

thanks

#13 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 22 September 2001 - 12:25 PM

James Page (22 Sep, 2001 12:58 a.m.):
Regulars may remember the thread where I pointed out the little nods at the end of TWINE that now annoys Daniel every time he watches it =)

But after watching TSWLM again tonight, I spotted the production crew popped a little joke that nobody's brought up before.

I've never known that. I've got to see this! :)

#14 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 22 September 2001 - 03:39 AM

[quote]level007 (22 Sep, 2001 04:13 a.m.):
Also i find that for every actors who played bond, the last episode is in America:
Las Vegas for Connery (Diamonds are forever)
Los Angeles for Moore (A view to a kill)
Florida for Dalton (Licence to kill)[/q]
That's an interesting trivia coincidence.

[q]So if Bond 20 actually happen in AMerica, this is may be the last of the brosnan movie[/q]
Let's hope that it is not the last time he visits the US, like Connery's Bond who had also been to the US in GF and TB before DAF.
And, Moore's in LALD.