2 replies to this topic

#1 Chula

Chula

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 211 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 12:33 AM

Just curious, does anyone remember Charlie Higson's band The Higsons from the 80s? Anyone out there a fan?

I know this Charlie Higson was a popular TV personality over in the UK, but before that he was the lead singer/songwriter of one of the best "unknown" bands of the 80s. Their song "Run Me Down" was a popular underground "hit," but that song is nowhere near as brilliant as The Higsons' other material.

His band was particularly popular around New York City, I just wonder if he ever mentions them at all or if any reader is a fan (or even remembers them).

#2 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 01:09 AM

He mentioned them when he was here in Washington DC to promote SilverFin. We asked him if he had ever been to DC before and he replied that he had visited the district to play a gig with the band.

#3 Chula

Chula

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 211 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 03:16 AM

He mentioned them when he was here in Washington DC to promote SilverFin. We asked him if he had ever been to DC before and he replied that he had visited the district to play a gig with the band.

View Post

Cool. At least Mr. Higson does not look back on his past and try to completely disown it.

Thanks for the reply.

I still find it absolutely incredible that the guy I saw all those years ago fronting a quirky band is now an official James Bond novelist.