This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

All the makings of the Ultimate Bond game...

10 replies to this topic

#1 Carver

Carver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1470 posts

Posted 11 May 2002 - 09:35 PM

Both Rare and EA have had success' in making Bond games, so here are my views on what the ultimate Bond game should be like. There should be 20 levels, each level is part of each Bond film and the actor who appeared in that film is depicted in the level. This is a list of what the levels could be:
1.Dr No-Bonds escape from Crab Key
2.FRWL-The battle at the gypsie camp or the Bond/Red Grant fight on board the Orient express
3.GF-The battle at Fort Knox or Bond trying to escape in the Aston Martin
4.TB-the underwater battle in the sea
5.YOLT-Bond flying over the volcano in Little Nellie
6.OHMSS-the battle at Piz Gloria and the Bond/Blofeld fight in the bobsleigh run
7.DAF-Bonds escape in the Moon Buggy
8.LALD-Bond's escape from Dr Kananga's lair
9.TMWTGG-the chase in the red car or Bond vs Scaramanga in the Fun House
10.TSWLM-Bond's battle with Naomi in the Lotus or Bond's rescue of Anya from Atlantis
11.MR-laser battle in space and on the space station
12.FYEO-the attack on St. Cyrils monastry or the keelhauling sequence
13.OP-the battle at Kamal Khan's palace or the Bond/Gobinda fight on the train
14.AVTAK-either the St Eiffel Tower chase or the battle on top of the Golden Gate bridge(the latter sounds better)
15.TLD-the escape from Afghanistan in the plane including Bond vs Necros
16.LTK-the fight between Bond and Sanchez on the tankers or the capture of Sanchez by Bond and Felix
17.GE-the fight between 007 and 006 on the cradle or the tank chase through St. Petersburg
18.TND-Bond's escape in the BMW or the fight aboard the Stealth Ship
19.TWINE-the Thames Chase or the Bond/Renard fight in the sub or the Caviar Factory attack
20.DAD-?

#2 Three Blind Mice

Three Blind Mice

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 May 2002 - 09:43 PM

Carver (12 May, 2002 09:26 p.m.):
yeah, I know that RARE are better than EA and I wish that RARE could make the Ultimate Bond game. In my opinion RARE have made two of the best games ever:Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. If this game was to be made though, what would the title be?

How about James Bond Complete?

#3 level007

level007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 12 May 2002 - 09:57 PM

your are wrong about RARE.

They still have the Goldeneye Licence. It means that if they want to make another Goldeneye based game, they can. But they will not do it.
If RARE doesn't wanted to make other bond games, it s because they thought they were too limited with the bond licence (no blood, follow some rules, etc.).

what about: "the ultimate bond adventure" for a name of the game ?

level007

#4 Carver

Carver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1470 posts

Posted 13 May 2002 - 01:21 PM

Felix, there was an all Bond's cheat, but in the sequal to Goldeneye, Perfect Dark. They all had the name dinner jacket and they were all in multiplayer.

#5 Felix_Leiter

Felix_Leiter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 482 posts

Posted 12 May 2002 - 09:59 PM

Carver, you're right, I don't know that this game will ever come about. It's truly a great idea though and that is why I find it best to stay pessimistic about this topic though as it can go two ways. Either I don't get my hopes up and the game never gets made or I'm wrong and it does. I can't lose.

For now though I am quite content with my goldeneye, the best bond game ever, and a possible contender for best videogame ever. Nothing beats multi-player with three other close friends.

Could you imagine though if they had kept the "four bonds" cheat in the game? It would have been amazing. I would play as Dalton all the time!!!

#6 Felix_Leiter

Felix_Leiter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 482 posts

Posted 12 May 2002 - 08:37 PM

It's obvious the game would have to be called: The crazy adventures of James Bond and Company!

jk...sounds like a great idea though. Too bad we will never get to see it.

#7 Carver

Carver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1470 posts

Posted 12 May 2002 - 09:03 PM

Felix, how do you know we will never get to see this game...? The title could be: 'Agent for Life', but thats my attempt . If anyone can think of a better title, come forward.

#8 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 12 May 2002 - 09:35 PM

Sounds like a good idea, Carver. But the makers may have to get a little creative with the Brosnan ones, since most of them were done really well already in the 64 and PS games. The only ones that could be changed are: FRWL: the boat chase, or the SPECTRE helicopter fight in the hills. LALD:the boat chase or fight with Baron Samedi, only a little longer and more beefed up than the film. For a title, how about: "For Queen and Country." Not the best, I know.

#9 Andy

Andy

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 May 2002 - 10:21 PM

Thats a great Idea there! It's a Bond Game wish list... It would be cool to see a hovercraft mission from DAD appearing, but we wil have to wait for the movie to see what would be best.

If anyone else wants to comment on what they would like to see in the next Bond game, then please tell us :)

#10 Three Blind Mice

Three Blind Mice

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 May 2002 - 02:52 AM

RARE was thinking of doing that, but then decided against it to make Goldeneye.
If only they still had the Bond licence i agree that that would make the ultimate Bond game.

Forget EA, RARE is a way better developer

#11 Carver

Carver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1470 posts

Posted 12 May 2002 - 08:26 PM

yeah, I know that RARE are better than EA and I wish that RARE could make the Ultimate Bond game. In my opinion RARE have made two of the best games ever:Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. If this game was to be made though, what would the title be?