40 replies to this topic

#31 Kingdom Come

Kingdom Come

Discharged

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3572 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 02:16 PM

I think the films will come at us every four or five years in 20 years time and they will HAVE to be made much faster. Spielberg started reducing the time his films take with the first Jurassic Park film and almost all his films since. This year he has made/is making two films that have been directed and edited and their release. War of the Worlds took a staggering 11 weeks to make! Bond will have to follow and this way costs can be reduced dramatically.

#32 Kingdom Come

Kingdom Come

Discharged

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3572 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:19 AM

The future for all films could be interactive. No more sharing the same experience with everyone else?

#33 stamper

stamper

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2994 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 10:03 AM

I think all the Bond movies will be remade in 3D. 3D movie is the wave of the future, and the only way to go. Once James Cameron will have issued his 3D movie, Hollywood will gon into 3D frenzy.

Actually, they should have started by doing CR in 3D, but hey, who would enjoy Craig face in 3D ? I wonder ?

Another possibility is remake all Connery less movies, by incorporating Connery instead of Moore etc in digital recreation of his sixties persona, down to the speech. Now, I would buy this, first in line, as long as you could not tell the difference. They should star with OHMSS, remove Lazenby, and put Connery instead ! :tup:

#34 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 08:42 PM

The people who own Bond will continue to use him to make money, even if it means direct-to-DVD or Pay-per-view movies. The Bond franchise won't simply go away. If and when, at some later date, the character of James Bond enters the public domain, he'll probably become like Sherlock Holmes.

#35 Kingdom Come

Kingdom Come

Discharged

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3572 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:26 PM

Hasen't he already?!

#36 Kingdom Come

Kingdom Come

Discharged

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3572 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 04:25 PM

There seem to be few action hero's today to equal Bond - which wasn't the case in the last 25 years. How will this affect the films? Myabe Bond will, with Craig, come into his own again and take centre stage.

#37 ESBlofeld

ESBlofeld

Cadet

• Crew
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 07:28 PM

In 25 years?

Interactivity (via streaming video) is definitely the way to go, as opposed to traditional theatrical release.

Bond will still be British, male and white.

There will still be a demand for live stuntwork and location shooting (as opposed to CGI). Expect South Africa, mainland China, Moscow to be used as locations.

With Omega pricing itself out of the market, product placement will include Invicta, Honda, and turnbullasser.com.

#38 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:37 PM

In an unprecented long run, Daniel Craig will be returning to the role for the 11th time at age 65.

#39 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:25 PM

I don't see Bond lasting too much longer. I mean sure, there is plenty of material to work from, both Benson and Gardner have some gems in their work that could work nicely in the movies not to mention all of the unused Fleming material, but I'm just not too sure how much gas EON has left in the tank to keep producing these things. I see them losing the publics interest as well as there own in about 12-15 years.

#40 Pam Bouvier

Pam Bouvier

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:57 PM

In twenty years we won't need movies...we will have vertual Bond instead! Imagine it...Bond (any of the 6 your prefer), in your own home whenever you want! Re enact your favorite Bond moments-or create new ones!

Well, maybe not, but one can dream!

Bond will be with us in one form or another for alongtime to come. As long as there is international intrigue, there's a place for Bond!

#41 The Richmond Spy

The Richmond Spy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1586 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 11:32 PM

I think it would be interesting to see more Bond in China with the country booming economically and gaining more and more of a world influence.