4 replies to this topic

#1 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 08 April 2002 - 01:05 AM

I recently purchased a James Bond and Oddjob model kit (by Airfix) and I need to know what colour James' suit should be. I was thinking about a dark blue or gray, but I'd like to hear your suggestions first. Thanks.

#2 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 08 April 2002 - 01:38 AM

Is it the kit from the Aston Martin car chase/wood/Tilly killed scene? If it is, then a very, very dark blue which is almost black, but not quite.
Speaking of this scene, has anyone seen the Johnny Lightning diaroma set of it? I saw it on eBay yesterday. I didn't know if it was worth getting or not.
Is it rare?

#3 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 08 April 2002 - 01:42 AM

Here it is:

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...item=1528654337

It's dark blue in this one. Do you think it's worth getting?
I don't know whether to get it, as I'm saving for a Special Edition Corgi Item that's in the works. Anymore news on that Blue Eyes?

#4 james bond 007

james bond 007

Cadet

• Crew
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 April 2002 - 01:28 AM

well..... in the movie i belive its grey but in the kit i belive it to be black???

#5 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 09 April 2002 - 10:53 PM

No, it's not from the car chase. It's just a kit that has Bond holding a gun (not a Walther; like the ones used in FRWL) and Oddjob holding his hat. The kit is molded in gray. Both characters come in detachable bases that can fit together. I suspect it's the scene in Fort Knox, only Bond is holding a very weird-looking gun. I'll watch Goldfinger later this week to check. I'm also thinking of modifying Bond's gun to look more like his PPK.