Region 1 DVDs and merchandise

3 replies to this topic

#1 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 April 2002 - 04:46 PM

Awhile back there was news about a largescale release of the region 1 DVDs, the soundtracks, and other Bond merchandise. But I haven't heard any details lately. Does anyone know when this release is planned for? I'm hoping early June myself, because I'll be on break and I'll have money! I just hope it isn't delayed until the release of Die Another Day because I don't know if I could wait that long!

Thanks for any info you have!

#2 MDSmith

MDSmith

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 08 April 2002 - 02:29 PM

You should they are the best. They are full of interesting tid-bits of info. I am steadily buying all the soundtracks too. John Barry :)

#3 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 08 April 2002 - 02:37 PM

MDSmith (08 Apr, 2002 03:29 p.m.):
You should they are the best. They are full of interesting tid-bits of info. I am steadily buying all the soundtracks too. John Barry :)

I agree. The DVDs certainly are fantastic resources for Bond information. I find myself watching them all the time and thinking 'WOW! I never knew that.' It adds a whole new perspective to the world of Bond and trivia. You, appreciate the films more, as you know what was involved to produce them.

I also am steadily collecting the Bond soundtracks. So far I have:
From Russia With Love
Goldfinger
Thunderball
You Only Live Twice
On Her Majesty’s Secret Service
Live and Let Die
A View to a Kill - This is hard to get. You can either download it track by track off a music server. Or you can get the Japanese import. So far, there's not been a worldwide release. It's worth the effort though getting it. I suggest you get it imported as downloading, you spend more. i.e Electricity, internet cost
and it ends up costing you more.
It's a great soundtrack though. The only complaint I have is the track 'Bond Escapes Roller'. Who or what is 'Roller'?!
I also have The Living Daylights (My favourite) and The World is not Enough.
Local stores have a limited supply of Bond soundtracks and mainly have cheesy cover albums of the main themes.

#4 Dr. Yes

Dr. Yes

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 April 2002 - 02:41 AM

I heard about this too. I believe it involves a promotional tie-in with Best Buy. I think they're going to start either during the summer or in the fall. I, too, am growing impatient with this whole moratorium thing...I plan on getting all the DVDs once they are re-released.