level007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 02 April 2002 - 07:31 PM

hi there

what a wonderful week end.

Yesterday, a friend of my dad came at my home to diner, and she brought her laptop computer because it was full of virus and problem (thanks Micro$oft). After 3 hours of hard work, her computer was like all new. she was very happy.
Today, she saw my father in Paris and she bought me the goldfinger swatch.

Imagine the surprise when i got back from school !!!!
I am lucky because i think it s one of the most butiful from the series. (i don t like the one from Dr No).
So here it is, i am very happy.

Did anyone buy one of them ?

#2 mccartney007

mccartney007

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3406 posts

Posted 02 April 2002 - 09:14 PM

I haven't got any of the watches, but I did pre-order one of the silver watch suitcases they manufactured. I think the Thunderball watch is one of the ugliest things on the planet though. It looks like one of those watches you can get out of those 25 cent claw games.

I will probably pick up all of the watches eventually, though.

FYI - The From Russia With Love watch has a misprint on it. It says it was released in 1964!

#3 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 03 April 2002 - 12:08 AM

Yeah I got my Goldfinger watch 3 weeks ago. I didn't quite live up to expectation, but it's nice all the same.

Watch out (no pun intended) for the The Spy Who Loved Me swatch. It's one of the best. MI6 will have news on the next release dates and prices very soon.

#4 White Knight

White Knight

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 02 April 2002 - 09:41 PM

yeah, i actually had my eye on the Goldfinger watch, i thought it looked the best. I like the TND one until I saw the red plastic strap.