3181 replies to this topic

#271 Judo chop

Judo chop

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7461 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 10:48 PM

So it appears there are two types of Chicago Bears teams: one with a defense, and one with a defense AND an offense.

Frankly, I don't recall seeing the kind of emotional energy sparked by the emergence of a player like that before. I'd been calling for it, along with what had to be the vast majority of Chicago, and was thrilled to see it. Joe Theismann was laughable with his "I don't agree with this decision." and as the game went on you could hear him trying to smooth out his ignorance. I can't believe he went to Notre Dame....

View Post

Rex looked fantastic! Da Bears are back! :tup:

View Post

It's a perfect strategy. Give Grossman the nod just a couple games before the end of regular season - it gives him enough time to warm up for the playoffs, but not enough time to succumb to injury.

#272 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 10:54 PM

He was the starter going into '05. Kyle did a nice job but as a rookie he isn't ready to lead the team to a successful run this year. He's gonna be a good one some day. Maybe next yr he'll get the job back. It's a nice problem to have 2 QBs who can play. Now, let's see if Rex is the future or an injury prone bust.

#273 Judo chop

Judo chop

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7461 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 10:59 PM

Now, let's see if Rex is the future or an injury prone bust.

View Post

Ah... the million dollar question indeed.

Actually, if you get this question right, it's a million bucks and we'll throw in an updated, hip-hop version of the superbowl shuffle.

#274 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 06:46 PM

Condolences to Colts coach Tony Dungy, who lost his 18 yr old son today. :tup:

Probowl selections: Chargers had 6 players including rookie OLB Shawn Merriman, who became first rookie linebacker to make it since Derrick Thomas in '89. :D

#275 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 07:17 PM

Wow look at the waves in SD Chargerland! :tup:

#276 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 11:59 PM

SD lost to KC today...Playoffs? Playoffs!? :tup: :D

Go Colts.Might as well see a hall of famer QB get his ring... :D

#277 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 12:47 AM

Condolences to Colts coach Tony Dungy, who lost his 18 yr old son today. :tup:

Indeed. Condolences to Tony Dungy and his family. Dungy is one of my favorite people in the NFL, and it's sad to see him have to go through such a tragedy.

#278 The Richmond Spy

The Richmond Spy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1586 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 01:27 AM

Not looking so good for the Bengals after losing to the Bills today :tup:

Hopefully, their first round game against the Steelers will be more like the last meeting and not the first.

#279 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 04:27 AM

Finally!

#280 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 05:33 PM

Congrats to The Dove and his Broncos...looks like you won't be seeing a Broncos wild card game thanks to the Bills. Good luck. :tup:

#281 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 01:42 AM

the Bills.

View Post

:tup:

#282 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 06:33 PM

Bring on Leinert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know it's bad when the Saints fans are cheering to LOSE. What a wonderful way of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!

#283 Donovan

Donovan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 06:52 PM

Bring on Leinert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know it's bad when the Saints fans are cheering to LOSE.  What a wonderful way of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!

View Post

I could live with Leinart to New Orleans and Bush to Houston. Anything but Green Bay getting either of those guys.

The Bears, who thanks in large part to a lowly NFC North division, have clinched the playoffs and a first week bye. Next week is a meaningless game against Minnesota, and the million dollar question whether to play Grossman or not. I would say yes because he needs all the experience he can get. But if he got injured, it would be waste. Still, football is a rough game with risks. If you don't want to risk getting hurt, take up chess.

#284 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 06:59 PM

Yes, play Grossman and give Orton a half too.

#285 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 05:46 PM

Pats are looking scary again. :tup:

#286 Mercator

Mercator

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 365 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 06:12 PM

Go Niners, go!

#287 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 02:13 AM

Congrats to The Dove and his Broncos...looks like you won't be seeing a Broncos wild card game thanks to the Bills. Good luck. :D

View Post

Thanks Tarl! Thats very kind of you! :D I hope you had a nice Christmas, despite the Chargers losing to KC. Oh well, I have a feeling San Diego will be a strong team again next season. I don't think that Denver is going to take them lightly for next weeks season finally, I heard that the Chargers are an 8 point favorite.. Denver will play some of it's starters, then put in the backupts.. Gotta make sure we're well rested for the playoffs. Thanks to Cincy losing, we have the # 2 seed, which means a bye week and a home playoff game (our first ever at the new Invesco Field at Mile High).. Also, i echo everyone's condolences and send my thoughts and well wishes to Tony Dungy and his family after the terrible tragedy of his son's death.. Wow! how does one deal with something like that??! :tup:

#288 SPECTRE ASSASSIN

SPECTRE ASSASSIN

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4247 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:26 AM

Pretty disappointing how the Chargers ended up. No fair, thanx to that hard-:tup: schedule they had. If the Colts and Chargers had switched schedules, I'll guarentee the Chargers would have came out with the better record, the Colts has easy opponents this season for the most part.

Anywayz, the Chargers must leave leave an lasting impression for the season by beating the Broncs. They will, they're pissed.

Since this is superbowl predictions. i'll pick the seahawks 2 represent the weak NFC, they're just 2 good (sorry bears!). The AFC i'm having a tough time on; the COlts were a lock for me a few weeks back, but after the death of Dungy's son, this will probably have an effect on the team. They'll reach the AFC championship though....

The Bengals are a young, fast, exciting team, but they are just 2 inexpierenced 2 get 2 the big game. Next year, or the following year perhaps. Marvin Lewis is the man.

DOn't count the Pats, they are the hottest team in the AFC right now, don't count them out. i don't know, but i have a feeling they might upset big in the playoffs.

The Broncs are probably the #2 most underrated team (that goes 2 the Jags, but they won't make noise IMO) in the AFC going in the playoffs. They don't make spectacular plays, but they have a solid defense. I don't see them going 2 the Super bowl.

IMO, I see the Pats going 2 the Super Bowl again, Tom Brady is just 2 good.

#289 The Richmond Spy

The Richmond Spy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1586 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:40 AM

My heart says: Bengals vs. Seahawks

My brain says: Colts vs. Seahawks

#290 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 08:15 PM

Congrats to The Dove again...Denver did SD a favour yesterday by beating them since the loss gives SD get draft position advantage over division rival KC...and congrats on 13-3. That's a huge acomplishment. Too bad they have play at Indy again. :tup:

#291 Gabe Vieira

Gabe Vieira

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3873 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 09:19 PM

My heart says: Bengals vs. Seahawks

My brain says: Colts vs. Seahawks

View Post

My Heart Says: Steelers vs. Bears

My Brain Says: Colts vs. Bears

#292 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 04:38 AM

I'm hoping for a Bears vs. Bengals Super Bowl, but I know that, as a Jets fan, I'll probably end up being forced to watch the Patriots and Bill Belichik (who should have been the Jets coach if not for Bill Parcells staying around as GM) win their 4th Super Bowl in 5 years.

#293 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 10:11 PM

Congrats to The Dove again...Denver did SD a favour yesterday by beating them since the loss gives SD get draft position advantage over division rival KC...and congrats on 13-3. That's a huge acomplishment. Too bad they have play at Indy again. :tup:

View Post

lol.. :D I think I'm gonna just focus on who Denver plays in the second round, Tarl before I start to worry about the Colts!lol.. Anyways, it'll most likely be New England going to Indy first, and may have a good chance at beating there.. And if Denver does make it to Indy, Third time's the charm I say!! lol..That really was a shame about Drew Brees' injury in the game the other day! :D I hope that it isn't as bad as the shoulder injury that Chad Pennington of the Jets has, (his career could be in jepordy), so San Diego will probably have to hang on to Philip Rivers for a while.

#294 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 10:54 PM

Yeah, that sucks about Brees. :D

I'm sure we'll keep Rivers now...I'm kinda rootin' for him to get the job...I like Brees but he threw too many costly pics this year...

I think the Pats could beat the Colts again! :tup:

#295 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 11:39 PM

I'm sure we'll keep Rivers now...I'm kinda rootin' for him to get the job...I like Brees but he threw too many costly pics this year...

I'm kind of hoping that Rivers gets the job too. Maybe then the Jets could find a way to make a deal for Brees.

#296 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 01:57 AM

At least it is over now for the Bills this season...

#297 The Richmond Spy

The Richmond Spy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1586 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 04:05 AM

It is looking sort of gloomy down here in Bengals Country. If you would've told us at the beginning of the season that we'd finish 11-5 with a home playoff game....we would've given anything for that. Just wish it would've ended better. :D However, after being a fan for 10 years and seeing nothing but poorly played football I am very grateful for this season already! And it isn't over til its over. We've proven we can beat Pittsburgh, so we should be confident. Look out for a hell of a game this Sunday. :tup:

#298 Dexter007

Dexter007

Cadet

• Crew
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 04:44 PM

I'm new to the thread, but watching our Redskins when the last five games to make the playoffs has DC amped. Especially after beating Giants and Dallas.

Tampa's next and they always seem to win by one point. I think any team in the NFC (maybe except Seattle) could be knocked out.

Remember any given Sunday....

Go Skins! :tup:

#299 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 07:01 PM

Looks like Herman Edwards may be leaving the Jets and going to Kansas City. If I was the owner, I would just go ahead and let this happen, and bring in a disciplinarian coach to make the team perform like an actual NFL team instead of the easy-going, relaxed atmosphere that Herm liked to have in the locker room. I don't know much about Al Saunders (whether he's the tough coach that we would need in NY), but maybe he could be a possibility to come to the Jets and get the offense moving again.

#300 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 07:04 PM

Looks like Herman Edwards may be leaving the Jets and going to Kansas City.  If I was the owner, I would just go ahead and let this happen, and bring in a disciplinarian coach to make the team perform like an actual NFL team instead of the easy-going, relaxed atmosphere that Herm liked to have in the locker room.  I don't know much about Al Saunders (whether he's the tough coach that we would need in NY), but maybe he could be a possibility to come to the Jets and get the offense moving again.

View Post

We had Al Saunders as HC in SD back in the day...he's a big softy-maybe even "nicer" than Vermeil. You don't want him, trust me. :tup: