14 replies to this topic

#1 Roebuck

Roebuck

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1870 posts

Posted 21 March 2002 - 07:49 PM

This may already be common knowledge but I just learned that after current stocks are exhausted the DVD collection will be unavailable in the UK. The set is being repackaged for the 40th anniversary release.

#2 steg76

steg76

Cadet

• Crew
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 March 2002 - 09:49 PM

Well I've got good news and bad news regarding my collection. I've finished my collecting then all on special edition DVD, but those stupid idiots at Britannia Video collections messed up my copy of Goldeneye.

When all of my DVD's stand up alongside each other the spine of the boxes shows the 007 logo, but those idiots sent me a 'non special edition' of Goldeneye so it makes my collection look abit daft, this may seem silly to you but it's bl00dy annoying to me, after all I did spend nearly

#3 Roebuck

Roebuck

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1870 posts

Posted 22 March 2002 - 04:13 PM

Amazon.UK are all out too.
You could get lucky with one of the smaller online dealers.
A store in Switzerland seems to stock the whole lot in region 2 PAL format for some strange reason.

#4 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 22 March 2002 - 04:54 PM

I went to get my collection at Christmas, and i was told they had sold out, and were awaiting deliverary. I came back in January and i was told that they had discontinued. You can get all the region 2 (PAL) DVD's, on Ebay.CO.UK, most are about

#5 scaramanga

scaramanga

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 22 March 2002 - 06:03 PM

Ersnt Stavro Blofeld would be proud. This is EXTORTION

#6 James Bond

James Bond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 March 2002 - 09:44 PM

[quote]ShockTroop22 (22 Mar, 2002 04:54 p.m.):
I went to get my collection at Christmas, and i was told they had sold out, and were awaiting deliverary. I came back in January and i was told that they had discontinued. You can get all the region 2 (PAL) DVD's, on Ebay.CO.UK, most are about

#7 The Girl With The Golden Gun

The Girl With The Golden Gun

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Location:Deep inside my hollowed out volcano...in the South of England!

Posted 22 March 2002 - 09:48 PM

hmm, whoever said this was extortion, i concur!! And just as i was about to purchase A View To A Kill, too.....argh!!!

#8 Tedley King

Tedley King

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 22 March 2002 - 10:10 PM

Dam them I was going to get TSWLM, I enjoy that film, I too am half way through my collection and I haven't seen the beginning of that film for some time now. When I recorded it i missed the pre-creds, with the UK parachute and so on...... NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

#9 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 22 March 2002 - 10:22 PM

I was lucky. I got all my DVDs on the day they came out. I remember going down the town on boxing day especially to buy Moonraker and For Your Eyes Only. After those I walked home from school to buy the rest on the days they came out. I'm really peeved though that they're reissuing them. I hope it's just the covers that change and not the discs. that way I can ask for the new covers from the demo cases in Woolworths.

Does anybody have a complete collection out there? If so, do your spines match up corectly, ie. colour wise (some darker than others).

#10 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 22 March 2002 - 11:21 PM

Tanger (22 Mar, 2002 10:22 p.m.):
do your spines match up corectly, ie. colour wise (some darker than others).

The spines of Tomorrow Never Dies and The World is not Enough dont match up on my video collection. Has anybody else noticed this? I changed all the covers, so it doesn't look wrong.

#11 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 29 March 2002 - 10:08 PM

I did the same as tanger and got them the day they came out

1. Because I couldn't sit at home thinking I could be watching Bond on DVD.

2. Because I knew this would happen.

3. Because thats what someone like me does.

#12 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 30 March 2002 - 04:21 AM

I finally tracked down the last one I needed (TND) by calling every last Wherehouse Music and Suncoast in town. Finally I found a Wherehouse Music that had one but it involved going into the ghetto area run by the mexican mafia to fetch it.

It is quite obvious that this is a repack of the first TND special edition. You'd think they'd make the inside booklet match a little better.

#13 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 23 March 2002 - 09:13 PM

The American ones have been withdrawn for ages too. I've got all but Tomorrow Never Dies now since I found a forgotten copy of LTK lingering on the shelves at Wherehouse Music.

#14 James Bond

James Bond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 77 posts

Posted 23 March 2002 - 10:51 AM

Well, I have both the collections. the video-box and the DVD-box, but I don't see any differences in colour or what so ever. Except for the TND DVD in the box, it has a very nice book inside. And when I bought TWINE on video it had an other cover, so I switched it. That's all

#15 scaramanga

scaramanga

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 22 March 2002 - 01:36 PM

No wonder I couldn't find them in Virgin Megastore the other day. I thought that they were going to be discontinued nearer the time of DAD's release. My collection is only half complete as well. Damn you MGM or 20th century fox or whoever!