12 replies to this topic

#1 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 04 March 2002 - 03:59 AM

I'm not sure whether it's been covered anywhere else recently, but I saw the Swatch watches from the first five movies from somebody selling them on eBay. I was impressed for the most part, by some more than others.

Dr. No we saw on this site when it was announced. For those that didn't, it's black with three different, what do you call those, dials or different times or something? Sorry, it's just very hard to describe. The From Russia With Love one looked nice with a dial around the watch listing several cities and in kind of a blue-gray color. The Goldfinger was the nices of the five, embossed in gold with three different times on it as well and the circular piece around it. Thunderball was the least interesting in an aqua blue supposedly to represent water. It looked more like the trendy Swatches we're used to. You Only Live Twice was also black and kind of looked digital.

Sorry if the descriptions aren't real throrough as the photos weren't real explicit. I've tried to go to the Swatch site, but never seem to get anywhere trying to get information. From the prices quoted on an earlier post, I wouldn't bid on any of the eBay auction ones. The Goldfinger, for instance, was $110 for an opening bid. Anybody else know where else we can find info on these watches? My GoldenEye model that MGM sold a few years ago was nothing but trouble and dead again.

#2 MDSmith

MDSmith

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 04 March 2002 - 08:42 PM

WHOA WHOA WHOA

Big news, I did some research into the swatches, this site has all the pictures of the swatches:
http://www.webjewell...jamesbond.shtml

BUT once you get there you will notice a swatch labeled BEYOND THE ICE

DOES THIS MEAN. . .

#3 MDSmith

MDSmith

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 04 March 2002 - 08:49 PM

They don't have an image of it yet, but this gives us hope that it will be Beyond the Ice!

#4 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 04 March 2002 - 08:59 PM

Sorry MDSmith, it seems we both discovered the same thing as I posted this thread the very same minute your did! :)

http://forums.comman...1&SID=71159#ID1

#5 MDSmith

MDSmith

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 04 March 2002 - 09:08 PM

What's good for the goose is good for the gander!

#6 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 04 March 2002 - 10:01 AM

You didn't happen to get any photos did you? Save them or something? They all sound so great! I gotta see them!

#7 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 04 March 2002 - 08:23 PM

I gotta get me one of those goldfinger watches!!!

I can't wait to see what they'll do with the PB1 movies.

#8 MDSmith

MDSmith

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 04 March 2002 - 08:14 PM

Here they are:

Goldfinger

#9 MDSmith

MDSmith

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 04 March 2002 - 08:17 PM

From Russia with Love

#10 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 05 March 2002 - 04:12 AM

Nice job on tracking this stuff down, guys. I posted the original thread late last night and have done pretty much nothing but sleep and work in the 24 hours that followed. I checked that site last night and couldn't find anything on Bond then, I guess they updated it, which is great. Unfortunately, I also tried searching the Swatch site all day and it was useless.

I think the thing I like best about Bond watches is since I'll probably never have one of the cars and don't particularly want a Walther, I can wear a watch representing Bond every day, even if it's not an Omega. I like that more than, say a Corgi car or something you can just look at, although I collect those too. This just has a personal more feel to it. The next problem is which to buy now that we have access to them all. I'm leaning toward that Goldfinger model.

#11 MDSmith

MDSmith

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 04 March 2002 - 08:24 PM

That's all of them, we've seen the Dr. No one on CBN before, like Turn said they are all pretty expensive, $69 to $89 starting bids. I like the Goldfinger one, it would be a watch for a special event, graduation, anniversary, something for your Bond man (or women).

#12 MDSmith

MDSmith

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 04 March 2002 - 08:18 PM

You Only Live Twice

#13 MDSmith

MDSmith

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew