16 replies to this topic

#1 JamesBondDan

JamesBondDan

Cadet

• Crew
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 February 2002 - 03:14 AM

Hi

I am new to this board and hope that posting for sale items is ok.

I have the Dr. NO James Bond DVD for sale on ebay. It is mint, never opened sealed condition.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...item=1518841687

I also have the following titles that have not been listed on ebay...yet:

Goldfinger
The Man With The GoldenGun
Live and Let Die
Moonraker
From Russia With Love

ALL DVDS ARE BRAND NEW AND SEALED. They are all coded REGION 1 which are viewable in USA and CANADA.

Email me if you are interested.

Thanks
Dan

#2 JamesBondDan

JamesBondDan

Cadet

• Crew
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 February 2002 - 03:44 AM

Umm....maybe because they are all DISCONTINUED and you CANNOT go to the shop to buy it.

Obviously if that was the case, you wouldnt see such high bids for the Bond DVDs which have been OUT OF PRINT for over a year now.

...this is said under the assumption that you are living in North America. I have no idea about other countries. I heard you can still buy fake DVD rip offs in China :) Im sure you get my point now.

#3 Nigel Bloch

Nigel Bloch

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 February 2002 - 07:48 AM

I live in Australia and they still sell every single James Bond movie on DVD!!! where do u live? afghanistan?

#4 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 26 February 2002 - 10:59 AM

Nigel, that's really rude and not a good way to welcome a new forum member >| Now, I live in Australia also. The only reason you can buy them here is because we actually have a s***ty market where DVD's don't sell that well, hence out of date products are readily availble.

#5 JamesBondDan

JamesBondDan

Cadet

• Crew
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 February 2002 - 12:17 PM

I actually live in Toronto, Canada.

Can you not read you idiot. I said I was speaking for North America. If you are not interested, go away and dont add your idiotic comments. You're another region too , so leave. Australia probably just got the DVDs released last week.... North America has had it DISCONTINUED for over a year now.

Oh and if you read my auction you would have seen that the seller is from Toronto Ontario. Of course, you can't read so why even bother.....

#6 JamesBondDan

JamesBondDan

Cadet

• Crew
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 February 2002 - 12:33 PM

I apologize for my above comments as I was out of line. I have nothing against Australia, just people who think it is the center of the universe.

I dont want this forum to turn into a flaming war.

If it does we can do this in another forum or I extend an invitation to Nigel to make Toronto his next vacation spot so I can "show him around". We also have the entire Crocodile Dundee DVDs readily available for him here :)

#7 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 26 February 2002 - 01:31 PM

When the first post you ever make is to advertise an Ebay item, you gotta admit, it looks a bit like a dodgy money making exercise.

P.S. I've found half a dozen online stores still stocking the Bond DVD's.

#8 Nigel Bloch

Nigel Bloch

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 February 2002 - 01:32 PM

i did not turn this into a flaming war. it seems u have. i was just telling u what i thought. we have actually had the james bond DVDs out over here since 1999 and they are still selling them. the region doesn't really matter because over here most new dvd players can play every region, i'm sure in USA and Canada u'll have them type too. and by the way, i don't think any australian likes crocodile dundee :-D mick dundee is a [censored]!
also, i am not australian... i was born in england and moved here in 91 :-)
anyway, i did not mean to upset anyone, sorry!

p.s. I am not being sarcastic :-)

#9 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 26 February 2002 - 01:38 PM

Nigel Bloch (26 Feb, 2002 01:32 p.m.):
the region doesn't really matter because over here most new dvd players can play every region, i'm sure in USA and Canada u'll have them type too.

True, but bear in mind that not all TV's have multi-standard capability for NTSC (N.A.) and PAL/SECAM (Europe, Australia, Japan) signals. So your player might be multiregion, but if your TV is not up modern or high ranged - GOOD LUCK!

#10 JamesBondDan

JamesBondDan

Cadet

• Crew
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 February 2002 - 09:46 PM

James Page (26 Feb, 2002 01:31 p.m.):
When the first post you ever make is to advertise an Ebay item, you gotta admit, it looks a bit like a dodgy money making exercise.

P.S. I've found half a dozen online stores still stocking the Bond DVD's.

To a certain extent you are correct. I am not a huge James Bond fan but I thought this post may interest some of you diehard Bond fans. Sure I will make money, but the Bond fanatic who cant get those DVDs anywhere else will be happy too.

Again, I apologize if this post has angered anyone. Contact me via email if you are interested in any of the above titles.

#11 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 26 February 2002 - 10:08 PM

JBDan, These fellows have no reason to be angered. Selling is part of what this section of the forum is for anyway, isn't it?

#12 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 27 February 2002 - 12:37 AM

Yes it was Mister Asterix. It's for discussing collectible products, for products to be sold and traded. That's why it's called Buy, Swap, Sell and Auction :)

#13 MDSmith

MDSmith

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 27 February 2002 - 01:30 AM

[b]I thought this post may interest some of you diehard Bond fans.  Sure I will make money, but the Bond fanatic who cant get those DVDs anywhere else will be happy too.

First, I'm not trying to get in this yelling (typing) match, but hopefully diehard Bond fans will have already ran and bought the DVDs as soon as they came out, I know I did!

PS Please don't yell at me!!!

#14 MDSmith

MDSmith

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 27 February 2002 - 01:30 AM

Now let's all be friends and have a martini! :)

#15 Sanchez

Sanchez

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 February 2002 - 02:13 AM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
True, but bear in mind that not all TV's have multi-standard capability for NTSC (N.A.) and PAL/SECAM (Europe, Australia, Japan) signals. So your player might be multiregion, but if your TV is not up modern or high ranged - GOOD LUCK![/quote]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The discerning investor in DVD hardware will be aware that a few(of the mass produced and widely available) multi-region players have additional(built in) region converters that enable the user to use any TV/monitor. The built in converter converts from one standard to the standard of the disc, then outputs the required signal to the TV/Monitor, regardless of whatever standard the TV/Monitor is.

#16 Nigel Bloch

Nigel Bloch

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 February 2002 - 02:41 AM

7777 (27 Feb, 2002 01:32 a.m.):
Now let's all be friends and have a martini! :)

Shaken not stirred :-D

#17 Nigel Bloch

Nigel Bloch

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 February 2002 - 03:30 AM

why would anyone want to buy this off u? they could just go to the shop and get it? no offence, but i'm sure u can see my point.