7 replies to this topic

#1 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 19 February 2002 - 11:40 AM

Just over a week ago the Toy Show was held in New York and James Bond was a big feature of the event. There were several Bond related stalls including one run by Eon Productions and MGM and also another run by Sideshow Toy who have created the 12 inch collectible figure range. In fact, Bond was so present at the event both the Aston Martin V12 Vanquish and the Aston Martin DB5 were present at the event.

Posted Image
Aston Martin V12 Vanquish

Posted Image
Aston Martin DB5

The majority of the Bond related items are a result of the partnership between Eon Production and the Beanstalk Group who have been aiding in the merchandising and licensing. Of interest is the fact that the Eon/MGM stall ran a seven-minute video on Bond, the 40th Anniversary and further licensing opportunities. It is known that more products are on the way, however, it now seems that further product opportunities are being offered to companies. (As a side note, the video presented by Eon/MGM apparently brought back and excitement to Bond that has been missing for sometime, another words, Bond-mania).

The majority of products lines revealed so far have been labelled as children

#2 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 19 February 2002 - 05:02 PM

I so happy Bond had a major presence at the New York Toy Fair. Here's hoping they do the same thing at the San Diego Comic Book Con!

#3 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 20 February 2002 - 01:29 AM

Oh wow! Will you be going again this year Zencat?

#4 Rolex

Rolex

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 448 posts

Posted 19 February 2002 - 02:05 PM

Er Just found the collection,still do not know how to tell the wife about my new dolls collection lol

#5 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 20 February 2002 - 01:32 AM

I just took a look at the pictures indepth. What is this item? (Photo attached?)

Coming in 2002. It appears to be a shadow of Bond holding a case of sorts. Is this a Bond 20 toy (Bond's diamond case?) or is it perhaps a figure from TWINE?

Does anyone know which company logo is in the bottom right corner?

#6 Rolex

Rolex

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 448 posts

Posted 19 February 2002 - 02:00 PM

I want all those figures,any ideas if they will be available in the UK? What is the characters collection. Its great to see TeeHee included.
I better start saving, er how do i tell my wife i want a dolls for Xmas any ideas?
Jesus look at TeeHee ,

#7 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 19 February 2002 - 10:25 PM

The San Diego Comic Book Con? What is that Zencat? And why do you think Bond may be represented there? I gotta get someone on the inside!

#8 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 19 February 2002 - 11:13 PM

The San Diego Comic Con (aka Comic-Con International) is a HUGE annual comic book, sci-fi, and general genre movie convention. If you're a superhero, or a big 2002 movie, you are represented at the Con. Lots of toys too. I know Sideshow always has booth there. Last time I went was in 1999 and I remember Sleepy Hollow had a terrific booth/display and TWINE had...nothing.

More info here:
http://www.comic-con.org/

From their offical site:
WHAT IS COMIC-CON?
The biggest event of its kind in America, Comic-Con International is THE place for fans of comic books, movie memorabilia, toys, action figures and all things related to pop-culture. Held every year in San Diego, CA, at the San Diego Convention Center, Comic-Con International features the largest gathering of comic book publishers, creators and professionals of any convention or event of its kind anywhere! Comic-Con International: San Diego isn't just about comic books, though. Exhibitors at Comic-Con International: San Diego include television and movie studios previewing their new projects and offering a chance for you to meet, and get autographs from, your favorite media stars in an atmosphere and setting unseen and unmatched by any other event anywhere!