22 replies to this topic

#1 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 10 February 2002 - 10:31 AM

Sideshow Toy have just revealed their James Bond 12 inch Figure range on their official website, and we're the first to bring you the news!

While Sideshow are taking pre-orders on two figures (James Bond and Dr No, both from Dr No) galleries of other characters are already online. While it's great to view these characters, it's better to know that some of them are still works-in-progress, which will allow devout Bond fans to check back in the future and notice small differences.

Currently it seems that Sideshow will release figures from the following Bond movies;
[unorder=disc][#]Goldfinger
[#]On Her Majesty's Secret Service
[#]Live and Let Die
[#]The Man with the Golden Gun
[#]Licence to Kill[/unorder]

As I mentioned before, the first two figures to be released will be Sean Connery as James Bond and Joseph Wiseman as Dr Julius No. While the figures are both already available on pre-order they won't start shipping until August 2002. The two figures will retail for US$80 and will be made as a Limited Edition. However, how many will actually be produced is yet to be decided.

Posted Image

The above image is of the two figures. Both will of course come with accessories. Bond will come with a Walther PPK, a Baretta hand-gun, liquor bottle, glass and martini shaker. No will come with his radiation suit.

Here's just a glimpse of other figures available. Again, all of these items are prototypes!

Posted Image

Further pictures (and alternative views) of characters are available exclusively at the Sideshow Toy website. We haven't included them all here.

That's all that we have to report now! We'll have more details for you as they surface. You can depend on CommanderBond.Net to cover the 40th Annivesary of James Bond (and all the products that come with it!)

#2 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 10 February 2002 - 11:24 AM

They look better than i expected, i think the best one, has got to be "Blofeld" (OHMSS), or Dr. No. I think im going to get one of these two, or the Dalton.

While i like them all, i just cant help thinking is that Sean Connery or Mel Gibson, standing with Dr. No?

#3 Blofeld 2010

Blofeld 2010

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 February 2002 - 07:31 PM

Do nt go to the troble and expense of buying Lees AFN.theres nothing in it that we did nt know already,just a half page with that press announcement and a couple of photos.

#4 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 12 February 2002 - 05:51 PM

zencat (10 Feb, 2002 10:52 p.m.):

Blue Eyes (10 Feb, 2002 08:41 p.m.):
What makes you (zencat) suggest that a Bond 20 figure is in the works? I was surprised to see there were no Pierce Brosnan films in the given list.

It's exactly the fact that there is no Pierce figure that tells me the Pierce figure will be a Bond 20 figure. I'm sure Eon doesn't want the Bond 20 figures revealed yet. Seems impossible that a figure license wouldn't tie into the current film.

As further evidence that they will have Bond 20 figures, Sideshow.com's front page has a headline: 'Brosnan Returns as Bond!' with a link to a CNN story about Bond 20

#5 OO7Qbranch

OO7Qbranch

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 February 2002 - 02:19 AM

Does any one know what kind of stores these can be bought at. I'm talking maybe toys-r-us?

#6 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 11 February 2002 - 11:27 PM

Lordie! I've been waiting to see these for quite some time now. Good thing I still have (some of) my Christmas money left over. I'm gonna need it to buy Oddjob and Connery. Between these and the die cast cars and the Corgi Icon figures, the people who make these items are gonna be ringing in the $$$. BTW, do the movie posters come with them?

#7 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 11 February 2002 - 10:17 PM

They look amazing but I can hardly afford to pay $80 for them (Come to think of it, I don't think I'd want to pay that much).

#8 Blofeld 2010

Blofeld 2010

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 February 2002 - 09:42 PM

Does nt everyone concerned do a wonderful job covering Toyfair?I bet Sideshow did the whole opening credit gunbarrel sequence when it first revealed these!What a wonderful display!Thanks Blue eyes!Did you also know that Sideshow are releasing a range of "Get Smart" figures from the '60s TV Bond spoof?

#9 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 11 February 2002 - 06:31 PM

Okay, one more...

Attached Files

#10 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 11 February 2002 - 06:29 PM

Check out the DR. NO box on the left side of this picture. Looks like these figures are gonna come in some nice packaging.

Attached Files

#11 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 11 February 2002 - 06:27 PM

More pics from Toy Fair 2002!

#12 Blofeld 2010

Blofeld 2010

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 February 2002 - 11:20 AM

I m hoping these will be the first of many as regards action figures.Sideshow has a real opportunity to make a name for itself with this line,it could in theory go on for years.They re the best company for action figures in the world as far as i m concerned and i really want a scale DB5!

#13 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 11 February 2002 - 12:28 AM

I must have the Goldfinger set...but 80 friggin dollars? Well I guess they are quite nicely sculpted.

Between this and a watch I'm already over 100 for my Bond merchandise plans for the year and we don't even know the prices on the cars. Guess I'd better start saving.

#14 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 10 February 2002 - 10:52 PM

What makes you (zencat) suggest that a Bond 20 figure is in the works? I was surprised to see there were no Pierce Brosnan films in the given list.

It's exactly the fact that there is no Pierce figure that tells me the Pierce figure will be a Bond 20 figure. I'm sure Eon doesn't want the Bond 20 figures revealed yet. Seems impossible that a figure license wouldn't tie into the current film.

#15 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 10 February 2002 - 08:48 PM

Q.E.D.

#16 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 10 February 2002 - 08:41 PM

Well I'm glad that people are so enthusiastic about the figures! Please do track down that magazine Zencat, I'd love to see if there are any additional details.

#17 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 10 February 2002 - 07:45 PM

Looks like we have some hard copy coverage of the Sideshow line in the new Toy Review magazine. Gonna have to track this down...

#18 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 10 February 2002 - 06:37 PM

VERY exciting! I'm definitely going to get the Lazenby and Dalton figures (but I hope they improve the fit of Dalton's tux a bit). And, of course, I'll have to get a Pierce from Bond 20 which you just know is in the works. But $80 a pop is pretty steep, even for Sideshow. I'll have to pick and choose what I want.

(Also excited to see they're finally doing a "12 Son of Frankenstein.)

#19 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 10 February 2002 - 03:31 PM

Hey, since when was Blofeld an MC Hammer fan :)

#20 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 10 February 2002 - 03:30 PM

I like these even though they are expensive, I wish I could get them all but I probably get just a couple. Dr.No looks great, as does lazenby except his suit looks like it was made for someone a few sizes bigger.

#21 Blofeld 2010

Blofeld 2010

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 February 2002 - 03:14 PM

While it s great to see them at long last(i ve been salivating about this release since the summer)I ca nt help thinking that the Goldfinger Bond needs some serious work.I just do nt remember Sean being "jug-eared"like that.But Pussy Galore looks fantastic!

#22 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 10 February 2002 - 03:12 PM

I have got to get the Goldfinger set. That Connery looks like he had a better sculpting job then the other Bonds. And who wouldn't want an Oddjob doll? ;D

#23 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 10 February 2002 - 01:14 PM

OMG, these look much better than I had expected!

But "$80 each", I initially thought "sht" this is going to cost a bomb, but then realised it was $80 PER SET.

I was hoping "GF" Bond would come in his white tux and red carnation - hopefully this will be an extra to his polo neck and back pack. I might take a risk and hold out for the GF set of Bond OddJob and Pussy, rather than the DN pair, as good as they are I can't afford all of them! :-(

Posted Image

The OHMSS look the best to me, LTK will hopefully improve from the work in progress shots.