This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

TND Special Collectors' Souvinier Magazine!

12 replies to this topic

#1 The Mole

The Mole

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 January 2002 - 10:05 AM

On the release of Tomorrow Never Dies, I found an official souvinier magazine for the film.

It contains interviews with Brosnan, Yeoh, Dench, Pryce, Otto, Llewelyn, Bond (Samantha Bond), and the cast and crew, including M.G. Wilson and Vic Armstrong (I think it was him, anyway).

I bought it after I watched TND at the cinema. I saw it in a shop. There was one copy left.

I assume that it is rare, and was wondering if any of you others have any other official souvinier magazines for other Bond films.

Regards,
The Mole: The Man With The Golden Gun, Who Cannot Die On Her Majesty's Secret Service!

"Live and Let The Golden Daylights on Her Majesty's Royale Octopussy!"

#2 Only Bond

Only Bond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 February 2002 - 02:09 PM

James Page (01 Feb, 2002 01:27 p.m.):
There is a very similar feature on the LTK 007:SE DVD I believe. I'm an R2 man (better quality pictures) so I don't know if it made it to the other regions.

The same featurette appears as well on the Region 1 DVS's. Haven't really compared the two segments, but I think parts (if not all) of the Kenworth video was included.

#3 Friedrich Baxter

Friedrich Baxter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 426 posts

Posted 07 February 2002 - 05:56 PM

Cool to hear!! I've got the official poster magazine of GoldenEye. There were three gigantic posters in it with a length of 1 m. And........I NEVER saw these posters again on internet. One poster shows 007 with Natalya Simonova on a red background. The other one sows 007 in smoking on a white-black background with pictures from the movie.

And......that poster magazine was completely in Dutch, with interviews and other flash backs. So, I don't know exactly if they are still worth much money

#4 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 04 February 2002 - 02:42 AM

zencat (31 Jan, 2002 06:01 p.m.):

Rolex (31 Jan, 2002 12:13 p.m.):
I assume that it is rare, and was wondering if any of you others have any other official souvinier magazines for other Bond films.

I have LALD , MWTGG, MR and FYEO
Dont know what they are worth, any ideas?

LALD? I didn't know there was a LALD.

Good God! Don't tell me I have something that zencat doesn't have. :)

If I remember rightly, it was in A3 size (or slightly larger) and had quite a few poster type photos including the wonderful theatre movie poster

#5 Only Bond

Only Bond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 February 2002 - 01:56 AM

STARLOG PRESS still has the following 007 back issues available:
TWINE Official Move Mag $6.99
TND Technical Journal $6.99
TLD Poster Mag $3.50
OCTOPUSSY Mag $3.50

#6 Rolex

Rolex

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 448 posts

Posted 07 February 2002 - 11:01 AM

Blofeld's Cat (04 Feb, 2002 02:42 a.m.):

zencat (31 Jan, 2002 06:01 p.m.):

Good God! Don't tell me I have something that zencat doesn't have. :)

If I remember rightly, it was in A3 size (or slightly larger) and had quite a few poster type photos including the wonderful theatre movie poster

Damn i think i screwed up, what i listed are souvenir film brochures booklets not magazines

#7 Rolex

Rolex

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 448 posts

Posted 31 January 2002 - 12:13 PM

#8 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 31 January 2002 - 10:26 AM

I sadly don't have the TND magazine, though it sounds quite good. I do, however, have the GE magazine. Which is quite good. However, it doesn't sound as good as you describe the TND one. Interviews are always a great source of behind-the-scenes information.

For TWINE I didn't buy the magazine (not even sure if there was one) but I have bought the TWINE Companion. At first I thought it seemed a bit crappy. But having read it, I'm quite impressed by it. It has an interesting writing style, it sort of tells a story and skips between various stories. The advantage is you learn a lot of great information.

#9 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 31 January 2002 - 01:23 PM

Hi all,

Yeah I have the GE TND and TWINE souvenier mags. Came across all 3 completely by accident on the weekly trip to the newsagents, and could have quite easily missed them. I guess we should keep a closer eye for the Bond 20 on this time around!

#10 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 31 January 2002 - 06:01 PM

I have:

MWTGG (poster mag)
Moonraker
FYEO
Octopussy
NSNA (called "Back as Bond")
AVTAK
Daylights (poster mag)
GE
TND
TWINE

#11 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 01 February 2002 - 08:24 AM

I seem to have acquired the press pack for The Living Daylights, which is presented in a rather pleasant white folder with the title logo done out in silver on the front. Very classy. Can't remember where I got it, but I was having a quick rummage (this is not a euphemism) thru my half-hearted collection and there it was.

I rather gave up on collecting the "official" magazines after AVTAK. This was primarily because my cynical mind (I was 11 at the time) taught me that what was written therein was largely P.R. fiberoonies.

Example: Tanya Roberts claims that her character is the most independent of the Bond girls.

It's almost comical, were it not so tragic.

Somerset Maugham: "She's too crafty a woman to invent a new lie when an old one will serve".

(may be misquoted).

#12 Only Bond

Only Bond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 February 2002 - 12:01 PM

I too have the GE, TND & TWINE Collectors Magazines. If memory serves me correctly, TND & TWINE were published by STARLOG PRESS and I think I remember an ad in TWINE for back issues and the TND mag was listed on the order form. I'll dig out my issue and check it out and post my findings.

An oddity I have in my collection is the KENWORTH LTK PRESS KIT. It consists of a 20 minute or so video on the special trucks Kenworth built for the film, several 8 x 10 B&W glossies as well as several color slides and a Press Release describing Kenwoth's involvement with the project. I got it from my local Kenworth dealer shortly after the film was released.

#13 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 01 February 2002 - 01:27 PM

Only Bond (01 Feb, 2002 12:01 p.m.):
An oddity I have in my collection is the KENWORTH LTK PRESS KIT. It consists of a 20 minute or so video on the special trucks Kenworth built for the film

There is a very similar feature on the LTK 007:SE DVD I believe. I'm an R2 man (better quality pictures) so I don't know if it made it to the other regions.