This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Does anyone have a replica of the Walther PPK with silencer?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Commander Dan

Commander Dan

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 January 2002 - 01:22 AM

I am a Walther PPK fan, and am doing some research on the toy and metal replicas. I own a real Walther PPK with a fake metal screw on silencer. Now the Wicke replica Walther PPK's lack some very important features, and the metal blank fireing replicas on e-bay lack accuracy as well. Now I am making a deal with a fellow Bond collector for some Indiana Jones gear, in return for two japanese made vintage replicas of the Walther PPK with silencer, he mentioned that it is plastic, it has a removable clip with finger rest, the slide pulls back, the ejector port on the side is silver, the tip of the barrel is threaded and silver, the safety latch works and moves, and has the little red dot, the grips are removable and the slide and grips have the correct Walther markings, he said this japanese toy company is no longer in business, has anyone heard of a toy that realistic to the original? And if so, could someone present to me a detailed pic and some information on the company.
Also who, to the best of your knowledge makes a very realistic and reasonable price replica with screw on silencer, and removable clip and slide. I am using it for my own Bond film. Regards. Commander Dan

#2 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 24 January 2002 - 05:49 AM

Commander Dan (23 Jan, 2002 10:21 p.m.):
I own an interarms imported French PPK/S and a German made 7.65 mm PPK, blued, a friend of mine makes silencers for the Navy Seals here in America, and he made me a barrel with reverse threaded end, and a fake silencer, it looks exactly like the gun Pierce Brosnan carried in the beginning of Goldeneye, I used the dimensions of that silencer for mine. I really like the piece, except the fact that it hits me when I shoot it. Regards. Commander Dan

So true. Not being any sort of expert on firearms, I was so surprised how much of a kick such a small looking piece could deliver. A "freind" in the Jakarta police force gave to me, which was right out of left field for me. It turns out that it was confiscated from a East Timorese militiaman when the whole "thing" was going down. It's got a bit of history, which for me is half the excitement of owning it.

PS. Would you have any info regarding the toy?

Unfortunately, I don't. Not really into collecting that sort of thing. I just picked up on the fact you mentioned you had a real one and just wanted to inquire about it. Sorry to take up your time. :)

#3 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 23 January 2002 - 03:10 AM

Commander Dan (23 Jan, 2002 01:22 a.m.):
I am a Walther PPK fan, and am doing some research on the toy and metal replicas. I own a real Walther PPK with a fake metal screw on silencer.

Which PPK do you own Commander Dan?

I recently received, as a Christmas present, a PPK model VAP04412, .380 ACP, in stainless (frame & finish).

#4 Commander Dan

Commander Dan

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 January 2002 - 04:56 PM

Blofeld's cat, I love talking Walther PPK anything, toys or real. I have been raised in shooting, and my first gun was a Walther PPK 22 LR I kick myself every day for not keeping it, you never realize how stupid you are with those type of things until it is to late. Never think your information is not appreciated, even if it isn't regarding my main search right now. I love to learn and to teach new things about Bond, I hvae been heavily into Indiana Jones gear, I am a whipthrower and own all of the gear, and just recently converted back to loving Bond, so I have a lot to relearn. I appreciate everyone here, if you want to see some blood and guts go to www.indyfan.com or www.indygear.com and go to their fourm, talk about rioters, never sophisticated, I say just drink a martini, shaken of course, and enjoy life. From Her Majesty's Secret Service. Commander Dan

#5 Blofeld 2010

Blofeld 2010

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 January 2002 - 10:47 AM

I ve done a bit of checking,and i think the Japanese company you were looking for was called The Replica Model Corporation.If it was,this model is currently being offered by Http://www.collectorsarmoury.com.au Click on replica military pistols.Sorry,the last link i gave you was for the same company,but in America!

#6 Blofeld 2010

Blofeld 2010

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 January 2002 - 10:38 AM

I think Ian Fleming himself commented that the PPK packed "a kick powerful enough to put you through a plate glass window",or something like that.

#7 Commander Dan

Commander Dan

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 January 2002 - 10:21 PM

I own an interarms imported French PPK/S and a German made 7.65 mm PPK, blued, a friend of mine makes silencers for the Navy Seals here in America, and he made me a barrel with reverse threaded end, and a fake silencer, it looks exactly like the gun Pierce Brosnan carried in the beginning of Goldeneye, I used the dimensions of that silencer for mine. I really like the piece, except the fact that it hits me when I shoot it. Regards. Commander Dan

PS. Would you have any info regarding the toy?