DVD Loyalty Scheme Production Sketches

11 replies to this topic

#1 nicknack

nicknack

Recruit

• Crew
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 January 2002 - 10:05 AM

Does anybody know where I can find the production sketches that came free with the tokens you coulld collect from the dvd's. I have the tokens needed to obtain them now but the offer seems to have ended. I've been trying desperately to find them from another source.

#2 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 25 January 2002 - 09:18 PM

mrmoon (25 Jan, 2002 06:44 p.m.):
All the free stuff is crap scaramanga I wouldn't go out of my way to get hold of the any of the stuff If I were you. They may has well have not bothered with any of it and given us the case to put them in instead.

Seconded.

The postcards were dreadful.
The production sketches were blurry reprints.

The only half-decent "loyalty" gift was the TWINE storyboard. I was lucky and got one for a scene that was cut, so it's got a bit of trivia value.

The TND box set was a far better deal all round.

#3 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 21 February 2002 - 05:19 AM

Was this a UK thing? All I got in my DVD boxes were "buy 3 MGM dvds and get a horrible old forgotten MGM movie on DVD for free plus 10 dollars shipping" and a couple of expired contests for outdoor vehicles. MGM really isn't handling things very well as far as the Bond DVDs go over here in the states. Just look at the collector sets (those pathetic little boxes with the random placement instead of chronological order) and the move of putting then on moratorium shortly before Christmas.

#4 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 26 January 2002 - 06:24 AM

scaramanga (25 Jan, 2002 03:46 p.m.):
I wouldn't have thought it was possible.

As far as I know, it's not meant to be. Very strange! I shall look into it!

#5 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 18 January 2002 - 01:20 PM

scaramanga (18 Jan, 2002 10:05 a.m.):
Does anybody know where I can find the production sketches that came free with the tokens you coulld collect from the dvd's. I have the tokens needed to obtain them now but the offer seems to have ended. I've been trying desperately to find them from another source.

I've got copies from the original offer - worst case I could always scan them in for you.

But, due to work connections, I might be able to chase up MGM's promotions for you and see if they have any stock left. I'm AFK this weekend, but if you email me personally (addy in my profile) then I'll remember to do it when I get back!

Cheers,
J

#6 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 21 February 2002 - 10:26 AM

Tanger007 (21 Feb, 2002 12:21 a.m.):Just out of curiosity, did NE1 get a token in any dvd that wasn't meant to be there?
In my AVTAK DVD, i had a Moonraker token!! It was the same for every other AVTAK DVD in our town. Until I convinced the shop that I needed a specific token, and they ordered a new batch!

Yes, exact same problem. I sent a copy of the receipt for the AVTAK DVD as proof of purchase along with two "Moonraker" trokens!

#7 scaramanga

scaramanga

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 27 January 2002 - 12:56 AM

Thanks Blue Eyes. Please keep me informed.

#8 scaramanga

scaramanga

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 25 January 2002 - 03:46 PM

Imposter! Can the real Scaramanga please stand up? How can you have the same member name as me? I wouldn't have thought it was possible.

#9 scaramanga

scaramanga

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 22 February 2002 - 11:22 AM

I didn't have this problem, although I did manage to get 2 tokens with GoldenEye.

#10 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 25 January 2002 - 06:44 PM

All the free stuff is crap scaramanga I wouldn't go out of my way to get hold of the any of the stuff If I were you. They may has well have not bothered with any of it and given us the case to put them in instead.

#11 scaramanga

scaramanga

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 21 February 2002 - 12:10 AM

scaramanga (18 Jan, 2002 10:05 a.m.):
I have the tokens needed to obtain them now but the offer seems to have ended.

The offer can't have ended, coz I got my costume sketches last week! :)

#12 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 21 February 2002 - 12:21 AM

[quote]James Page (25 Jan, 2002 09:18 p.m.):
[quote]
The only half-decent "loyalty" gift was the TWINE storyboard. I was lucky and got one for a scene that was cut, so it's got a bit of trivia value.
[/quote]

Did it happen to be from the boat chase?
Myself, and three other guys have on eBay have the exact same one.
In my opinion nothing from the scheme holds any real value. I reckon the tokens themselves will be worth more in the future!
Just out of curiosity, did NE1 get a token in any dvd that wasn't meant to be there?
In my AVTAK DVD, i had a Moonraker token!! It was the same for every other AVTAK DVD in our town. Until I convinced the shop that I needed a specific token, and they ordered a new batch!