[4]'Stille Wasser sind t

#2 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 03:27 PM

It seems like everyone is going with that design for this Bond book. :)

#3 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 03:34 PM

Cooool. Great job, Stromberg. Looks like this is the first appearance of this cover anywhere. It's not even on the German Amazon site yet. Good info as well. :)

Very interesting that they would go with the familiar design, yet opt for an the alternate Young Bond logo. But what is that exactly on the "O"? Can't quite tell from this size pic.

Looks like this book is going to be a hardcover (or so it says on the Amazon UK site). Seems everyone is getting a HB edition except the UK. Odd.

#4 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 04:42 PM

[quote name='zencat' date='28 June 2005 - 17:34']Cooool. Great job, Heiko. Looks like this is the first appearance of this cover anywhere. It's not even on the German Amazon site yet. Good info as well.

#5 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 05:05 PM

The book is not going to be a hardcover. But then again, it won't be a real paperback as well. It'll be a special binding with the front an back cover as a thick fold-out. I have no idea how to translate the expression correctly into English. I'll find out.

View Post

I think I know exactly what you mean. Pretty sure I have a Bond reference book around here that is in the same (or a similar) style.

#6 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 05:23 PM

[quote name='stromberg' date='28 June 2005 - 09:42'][quote name='zencat' date='28 June 2005 - 17:34']Cooool. Great job, Heiko. Looks like this is the first appearance of this cover anywhere. It's not even on the German Amazon site yet. Good info as well.

#7 Sylvia Trench

Sylvia Trench

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 05:54 PM

Cool. Is this the first foreign release? Not including the US publication, of course? What does anyone make of the new 'eye' logo? Will the UK books be redesigned?

#8 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 06:14 PM

Cool. Is this the first foreign release? Not including the US publication, of course? What does anyone make of the new 'eye' logo? Will the UK books be redesigned?

View Post

Nope, at least the Portuguese version is out for some time now, not sure about others right now.

The info on the international use of the logo actually is very "maybe", but it could happen, from what I hear.

To give a little mor info on this (didn't have a printed version of it at hand before), the logo is an eye with something that appears to be the legendary "thick black comma of hair", looks a bit like the eye is spying through a keyhole.

#9 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 06:54 PM

View Post

To give a little mor info on this (didn't have a printed version of it at hand before), the logo is an eye with something that appears to be the legendary "thick black comma of hair", looks a bit like the eye is spying through a keyhole.

View Post

Ah, yes, I've seen this eye/hair image on the Young Bond website. Here ya go.

Posted Image

BTW, welsome to CBn, Sylvia Trench. :)

#10 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 29 June 2005 - 02:00 AM

Yet another great article, Heiko. :) :)

#11 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 02:02 AM

View Post

View Post

Ah, yes, I've seen this eye/hair image on the Young Bond website. Here ya go.

Posted Image

BTW, welsome to CBn, Sylvia Trench. :)

View Post

Ha, nice find Zen!

Welcome to the CBn Forums Sylvia. :)

#12 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 05:24 AM

Actually, this logo was the reason why the release was delayed for some time. They intended to have the original YB logo on it at first, but then switched to this one the last minute.

For those interested, this is how it was originally intended:
Attached File  SF_German_1.jpg   35.54KB   75 downloads

View Post

Found a larger pic of that unused German cover with the old logo (scroll down). Not sure what this site is -- looks like a German blog. http://www.schmitzju...-im-herbst.html

I think they made the right choice going with the new YoungBond logo for the final cover. I wonder if this will now appear on all future Young Bond books? I'll be curious to see if the new logo shows up on the U.S. paperback.

#13 ernst stavro b.

ernst stavro b.

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 09:23 AM

Hi,

the German SilverFin edition is now available on amazon.de!
http://www.ianfleming.de/020905.php

Direct link to amzon.de:
http://www.amazon.de...4423042-5956036

Gr

Edited by ernst stavro b., 02 September 2005 - 09:23 AM.

#14 ernst stavro b.

ernst stavro b.

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 05:41 PM

Hi,

you can now look at the whole cover artwork from Stille Wasser sind t

#15 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 05:46 PM

Thanks, ernst stavro b. Cool that they use the new Young Bond logo on the spine.

Nice website, btw. :)

#16 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 05:48 PM

[quote name='ernst stavro b.' date='2 September 2005 - 13:41']Hi,

you can now look at the whole cover artwork from Stille Wasser sind t

#17 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 11:03 PM

Just got my copy in the mail. It's very slick and, yes, it's the cover with the new Young Bond logo as featured here, and not the cover image on Amazon. That new Young Bond logo is also at the top of each chapter. I also like the the James Bond title target logo is raised. This is actually be best looking of all the SilverFin's so far, IMO.

#18 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 11:54 PM

Just got my copy in the mail. It's very slick and, yes, it's the cover with the new Young Bond logo as featured here, and not the cover image on Amazon. That new Young Bond logo is also at the top of each chapter. I also like the the James Bond title target logo is raised. This is actually be best looking of all the SilverFin's so far, IMO.

View Post

Glad you like it. It's a really nice one.

Still haven't got a U.K. copy, but I like the U.S. hardcover best.

#19 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 05:28 PM

View Post

Glad you like it. It's a really nice one.

Still haven't got a U.K. copy, but I like the U.S. hardcover best.

View Post

Ah, now I can see where you're coming from. Never thought it could happen, but I found a U.K. copy at a local bookshop (literally stumbled upon it - was searching for somehing completely different, and while I was looking out for an assistant, I spotted something familiar, thinking it's a German edition at first).

The German is the better one of those softcovers (the flaps add a lot to it), and especially the "glittery" stuff looks much better.