17 replies to this topic

#1 Gri007

Gri007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1719 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 08:39 AM

Nightfire is better than AUF (Agent Under Fire) because its got a title sequence with its own song and a gunbarrel sequence. I think it would be a good movie because its been 26 years since Bond has been into space. I would change the plot by having Drake stealing missiles and blowing up the moon to send other planets of course and towards the sun. Wheather or not that is possable i dont know.

As Cubby once said that Moonraker was infact "Science fact, and not science fiction'

#2 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 01:07 PM

I think Nightfire would make a steller Bond film. Lot's of fun action but with a classic plot. If only it wasn't too similar to Moonraker.

Which actors would you suggest Gri007?

I think Tim Curry would be the perfect Drake. He looks just like him.

#3 00-FAN008

00-FAN008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1907 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 10:18 PM

Nightfire would be a great movie. It has all the classic James Bond elements rolled into a shtew and oven-baked until they are soft and tasty like french fries. They're also nice and salty. Mmm-mmm!

In fact, Nightfire was much more traditional than Everything or Nothing. Agent Under Fire was traditional, although I found it to be a little too farfetched. Nightfire had a lot of the classic and modern elements of 007 without adding any :) like "Jaws is back... again!" or "Bond drives an SUV this time!"

I say thumbs up for Nightfire. It could be a great film.

#4 Sun Tzu

Sun Tzu

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 12:43 AM

If it were re-written by somebody else. While I love the game to death some of the dialogue was dreadful. As if Alura McCall had to introduce herself after she drove through the wall...if it were me I'd just say "GET IN THE [censored]ING CAR!!!"

#5 Janus Assassin

Janus Assassin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1898 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 02:30 AM

I could work if they ended it on Drake's private island in which Drake is incinerated by the rocket flames similar to Kiko's death. If they ended it there and have Bond escape in the Vanquish sub... then it would work without the Moonraker ending.

#6 Gri007

Gri007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1719 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 07:58 PM

I think Nightfire would make a steller Bond film. Lot's of fun action but with a classic plot. If only it wasn't too similar to Moonraker.

Which actors would you suggest Gri007?

I think Tim Curry would be the perfect Drake. He looks just like him.

View Post

Tim Curry. I agree. Who I would have has Bond i don't know. With having the likeness of Brosnan in the game he would probably fit in to a film 'Version' reasonably well. But if Nightfire was to hit the big screens would the public be expecting PB as he did star in the game. What do you think Tanger.

I would probably give Clive Owen at playing 007.

Stallone has Armitage Rook
Natalie Portman - Zoe Nightshade
Nell Mcandrew - Alura McCall- She might be british but she can be dubbed. she looks a bit like her.
Lucy Lou as Kiko
Patrick Steward - Alexander Mayhew.

Edited by Gri007, 03 May 2005 - 08:05 PM.

#7 Sun Tzu

Sun Tzu

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 10:29 PM

View Post

Eh...no. Michael Clarke Duncan would be most likely chosen. Not my pick, I'm just saying.

#8 Janus Assassin

Janus Assassin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1898 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 02:03 AM

View Post

Eh...no. Michael Clarke Duncan would be most likely chosen. Not my pick, I'm just saying.

View Post

Or Me-Shell from Dodgeball

#9 Defender007(2)

Defender007(2)

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 480 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 04:11 PM

What if it were done CG?

It would kind of be interesting because you can push CG further than you can with real people (and it looks much better). Besides, all you would have to do is download models that looks like the actors or retexture models to make them look like the actors. Then it's just animating.

Nightfire would make a very interesting movie, but I agree that they should end it on Drake's island and they launch a nuke from the island at the space station, thereby destroying it and the world being safe once again. Yeah. So they think...

#10 Janus Assassin

Janus Assassin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1898 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 02:25 AM

I've been playing the PC version of Nightfire and I enjoy it more than the console versions. But it does lack the driving. But the levels are longer and fit into the script better. I feel that they could include more of the PC version into it and add the car chase in it.

PTS- Paris on New Years

Then have Bond infiltrate the castle and the party. Then escape in the snowmobile and the vanquish chase. Pretty much can go on from there. Don't have the Island Car or plane chase. And instead of ending it in space. End it on Drake's private island instead. Would make for an awesome lair. Have Bond drive the Vanquish sub onto the island then infilitrate the base. Seems like a good movie idea to me without overload on CGI.

#11 Licence to Kill

Licence to Kill

Cadet

• Crew
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 10:18 PM

The only problem with the PC Nightfire is that it has a lot of glitchs, like on taking the pictures of the women in the lounge room on mission 1. I like the console version better. But it would make a GREAT movie.

#12 Defender007(2)

Defender007(2)

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 480 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 10:56 PM

Pierce should make a one-film return as 007.

Tim Curray should play Drake.

Meshell from Dodgeball or the bad guy from Tears of the Sun as Rook.

Elisha Cuthbert as Nightshade.

Lucy Lui as Kiko.

Maybe Gwenyth Paltrow as Alura.

John Cleese as Q.

Judy Dench as M.

Kate Winslet as Dominique.

I don't know but this would make a great cast to me.

#13 00-FAN008

00-FAN008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1907 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 01:27 AM

Tim Curray should play Drake.

View Post

I'd rather have Rupert Grint or Ralph Fiennes with a beard as Drake than Tim Curry. But that's just me.

#14 Defender007(2)

Defender007(2)

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 480 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 04:11 AM

Or the bad guy from xXx.

#15 Moonraker

Moonraker

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 306 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 02:24 AM

Bond-Pierce Brosnan
Nightshade- Natilie Portman
Drake- Carlos from Desperate Housewives
Dominique-Monica Belluci
Alura-Naomi Watts
Alexander Mayhew-Terry O'Quinn
Rook-Djmou Hansou(I don't know how to spell it, but the black gut from Tomb Raider 2)

#16 Gri007

Gri007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1719 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 05:01 PM

Bond-Pierce Brosnan
Nightshade- Natilie Portman
Drake- Carlos from Desperate Housewives
Dominique-Monica Belluci
Alura-Naomi Watts
Alexander Mayhew-Terry O'Quinn
Rook-Djmou Hansou(I don't know how to spell it, but the black gut from Tomb Raider 2)

View Post

carlos - I totaly agree. same looks and everything

#17 Gri007

Gri007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1719 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:09 PM

A perfect PTS for Nightfire.

It completly relies on the music.

Nightfire would be a Bond film to star a new actor to portray 007.

The PTS is exactly like the game and in my novelisation.

We see a sniper in a helicopter (people who know the game knows that this is Bond)

A music score is played, but there is no sign of the Bond theme at all.

The audeince who have never played Nightfire will be in mystery to whom this person his. We only see the sillouhette.

Eventually the AM Vanquish comes into the scene (same as the game and the noivelisation) The Bond theme is played.

The audience presumbe that James Bond has arrived.

The audeince have been fooled, they had no idea it was Bond all the way through. They presumbed it was a sniper helping out the French agent.

And thought that with the AM Vanquish and Bond theme playing that Bond had arrived.

This scene will work becuse it will rely on the music.

Hope that made sense :)

#18 Double-0-Seven

Double-0-Seven

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 11:25 PM

I could work if they ended it on Drake's private island in which Drake is incinerated by the rocket flames similar to Kiko's death. If they ended it there and have Bond escape in the Vanquish sub... then it would work without the Moonraker ending.

I agree. I think the space ending would be a little too similar to Moonraker, but the rest of Nightfire would make a great film! :)