Look familiar?

#2 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 07:45 PM

This is awesome news! I love that cover! :)

#3 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 07:46 PM

I have to confess I'm a bit disappointed we're not getting a different cover design on the US edition...but this certainly makes the US proof (with the very different prototype art) THE hot SilverFin collectible.

#4 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 03:03 AM

Very good news, much more pleasing cover.

#5 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 03:08 AM

I just noticed that in the UK they do hardcover "adult editions" of the Harry Potter books -- different cover art than the regular editions. I know it's too much to hope for, but that would be cool if they did this for the Young Bond series. Who knows, maybe if the book sells very well, they will. Maybe that's why, in the UK, they've held off on doing a hardcover edition. Will the UK hardcover be the "adult edition"?

#6 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 02:28 PM

Does anybody else think this cover looks like something you would see under a microscope?

#7 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 01:42 AM

Does anybody else think this cover looks like something you would see under a microscope?

View Post

Quite. Hell of a lot better than the US promo proof cover.

#8 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 06:50 AM

I just noticed that in the UK they do hardcover "adult editions" of the Harry Potter books -- different cover art than the regular editions. I know it's too much to hope for, but that would be cool if they did this for the Young Bond series. Who knows, maybe if the book sells very well, they will. Maybe that's why, in the UK, they've held off on doing a hardcover edition. Will the UK hardcover be the "adult edition"?

View Post

Suppose that all depends on the publisher. Penguin doesn't publish the Harry Potter novels in the UK, does it?

Be a cool idea, but I think IFP realise the money's with the paperback editions. Especially targetting the kiddies. Perhaps if SilverFin is a hit, they might do something similar, though?

#9 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 12:10 PM

View Post

Suppose that all depends on the publisher. Penguin doesn't publish the Harry Potter novels in the UK, does it?

Be a cool idea, but I think IFP realise the money's with the paperback editions. Especially targetting the kiddies. Perhaps if SilverFin is a hit, they might do something similar, though?

View Post

I hope so. Still not sure what the crowd reaction will be to this book, it seemed divided a bit after hearing some replies about the first chapter excerpt that was online a bit ago.