Gala Brand vs. Honey Chile Rider

2 replies to this topic

#1 Station Domino

Station Domino

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 01:38 AM

Wanted to have a little fun. An idea from my previous thread.

Which actress -of any era- would you love to see as Gala Brand on the big screen depicting Fleming's description of her nude and covered in chalk, giving Dr. No's Honey Rider played by Ursula Andress a run for her money. A tall order to fill but its fun coming up with some names and ideas isn't it?

1. Kate Winslett- Love the British accent among other things :)

2. Diana Rigg

3. Marilyn Monroe

4. Ingrid Bergman - Somebody metioned her name when Moonraker was the reading selection and casting a faithful Moonraker was the topic. After examining her body of work [no pun intended] she would be nice to see in a Bond movie. I didn't realize she was very tall. Long stems to match good looks. A great role in Notorious - post WWII spy thriller opposite Carey Grant.
FYI -Grant was considered by EON to be the first cinematic Bond but would only do one movie.

5. Halle Berry

6. Victoria Pratt

7. Nicole Kidman

#2 Willowhugger

Willowhugger

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 330 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 04:54 AM

Rosamund Pike.

;-)

#3 capungo

capungo

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 357 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 05:10 AM

Gala Brand... Hm... Only person that springs to mind is Gretchen Mol. My main issue is that I can only see her in a period role(her name is VERY retro). Mol, as seen in that Bettie Page movie, had a great old school attractive element going.

Edited by capungo, 10 December 2006 - 05:11 AM.