105 replies to this topic

#91 WC

WC

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1415 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 10:06 PM

I downloaded this a couple of years ago and read it, but just happened to stumble upon it again just the other day while trying to clear some disk space on my laptop. It's excellent, especially the second time round after picking it up again after not having read it for a while.

I just wanted to say good job - i might've said it before but it's always good to hear more than once lol.

#92 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4631 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 10:37 PM

It is indeed. :P

Thank you very much, WC. If you liked Off Balance you might also enjoy its sequel, Past Bearing (also here on CBn). I only grew as a writer after OB, so in theory it should be better. :D

#93 WC

WC

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1415 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 10:53 PM

It is indeed. :P

Thank you very much, WC. If you liked Off Balance you might also enjoy its sequel, Past Bearing (also here on CBn). I only grew as a writer after OB, so in theory it should be better. :D

Oh cool. I didn't realise there was a sequel. I'll have to check it out.

#94 jb bbflat

jb bbflat

Recruit

• Crew
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 06:07 AM

Hi all,

I have liked this site for a long time. Only last Christmas did I discover the fan fiction. I downloaded Off Balance. I just finished it a week ago. It was great, so great that I downloaded the second book, Past Bearing and Mightier than the Sword (giving this one a chance also). I want to read more of Joyce, 009!

Fenna- your writing is the reason I joined the forum. I doubt I will post much. I want to say what a fun time reading Off Balance was. I'd come home from work in the evening and turn it on to where I left off. Your character development and emotions hooked me. I look forward to the end of the circle trilogy, also. Keep writing. I'll let you know how I like Past Bearing.

Thank you for sharing,

#95 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4631 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 08:42 AM

:tup: Thank you for sharing your comments, jb bbflat. I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed Joyce's adventure. :( Certainly makes me want to put more effort into finishing the final part of the trilogy.

Hope to see you around the forums, because there's some good discussion here - aside from the good fan fiction. Might I also recommend the work of Jacques Stewart and Thomas Clink from the main fan fiction page? :tup:

Thanks again for your feedback and enjoy CBn. :)

#96 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:05 PM

Aarrghh! I wanted to read this, but my computer has problems with Adobe reader, for some reason. I have the 7.0 reader on my desktop but my Vista says its incompatible. I hate technology sometimes and I suspect it hates me as well. I wanted to see how others write their fan fic, as I've never really written it, aside from a Doctor Who Short Trips competition, I've always done my own thing but this looked like a fun exercise to help strengthen my skills. And I wanted to see what the perimeters of fan fic were, plus I was interested in female 00 adventures. I am thoroughly bummed. :tup:

#97 Hitch

Hitch

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1219 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:23 PM

Three freeware alternatives to Adobe Reader

I hope the link helps. Joyce Carrington is quite a special agent. :tup:

#98 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:02 PM

Thank you Hitch! I'm going to give one of those a swing, probably the PDF viewer I don't have to download, my sister is fussy about what I'm allowed to download into our computer. Thanks again! :tup:

#99 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4631 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:10 PM

Ooh... getting frustrated about not being able to read it before you know if it's any good...

I'll take that as a compliment. :tup:

And I sincerely hope you won't be disappointed too much.

Thank you Hitch for the technical support - I trust things worked out now?

Enjoy Joyce's wacky world.

#100 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:43 PM

Ooh... getting frustrated about not being able to read it before you know if it's any good...

I'll take that as a compliment. :tup:

And I sincerely hope you won't be disappointed too much.

Thank you Hitch for the technical support - I trust things worked out now?

Enjoy Joyce's wacky world.

:tup: What bit I saw in the teaser, it looks right up my alley!

I shall enjoy my visit to Joyce's world.

#101 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:21 PM

I downloaded the FoxitReader but how do I use it? I clicked on Off Balance but it said I still needed to use Adobe. I use Firefox as my browser does that have anything to do with it? Please help, I'm very blonde :tup:

#102 Hitch

Hitch

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1219 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:46 PM

Hmmm. Perhaps you could right-click on the pdf and choose the "open with" option to get Foxit to open it? I don't know if that will work but if it doesn't there are plenty of nerds geeks knowledgeable CBn members who will help you.

#103 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 12:38 AM

Hmmm. Perhaps you could right-click on the pdf and choose the "open with" option to get Foxit to open it? I don't know if that will work but if it doesn't there are plenty of nerds geeks knowledgeable CBn members who will help you.

Thanks again! I'll try that. :tup:

#104 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 12:07 PM

It freezes my FireFox browser, when I clicked (left and right)on it. I know I'm just not doing this right. :tup: My Vista says that there are incompatibility issues with Adobe, but it's on my desktop came with the bloody computer, insanity! There's no open with option, which is weird as there usually is. Do I open Foxlit then find the pdf I want to look at? Should I give it a try using Internet Explorer? :tup:

Thanks, Hitch you gave it the old college try to help me. Anybody else have this problem before?

#105 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4631 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 12:55 PM

Deary me, quite the complications... :tup:

ImTheMoneypenny, if it helps you can shoot me your e-mail address via PM and I can send you the whole thing as a Word doc.

#106 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 02:16 AM

Deary me, quite the complications... :tup:

ImTheMoneypenny, if it helps you can shoot me your e-mail address via PM and I can send you the whole thing as a Word doc.

Sounds good! I'll do that right away. :tup: