2 replies to this topic

#1 Friedrich Baxter

Friedrich Baxter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 426 posts

Posted 10 April 2002 - 10:21 PM

When 'The Spy Who Shagged Me' was due to be released, there were numerous trailers on television and in cinema. I can remember, that those trailers began with a totally worked out Maurice Binder gunbarrel, but then with numerous 'shaggy' ;-) colours. Has anyone got a picture of that gunbarrel?

#2 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 11 April 2002 - 12:16 AM

I haven't seen this one yet. I tried looking for it but all the links that once had the trailers there are now empty.

I like gunbarrel parodies. Here's a list of the one's I've seen:
The Simpsons - Two huge circles flit across the screen and then Homer walks into them and shoots. Even has a nice theme variation.

Ace Ventura Pet Detective - In an episode called 'Thunderballrighty then'. Two small yellow circle dibble up and down across the screen till Ace walks on, bends over and fires a shot out of his butt. This episode featured English spy John Stock. An the villainous Blohard. There was also a female spy and a memorable hench who feel of the train yellin 'Ow. The bone, I broke 'de bone!'

Danger Mouse - Circles contain DangerMouse logo plays Bond theme. dangerMouse walks on in white tux with Vodka Martini just stands there.
Voice: 'You're supposed to shoot like James Bond'
DangerMouse: 'Who's James..er..Blonde?'
and it just goes on like that.

English shopping channel Bid-up had a version where they had their auctioneer walking on to their Bond theme version and shooting through hole of their logo. Not too spectacular.

Can't think of anymore. Does anyone else know of any others?

One more. Camp TV funny man Graham Norton walking on. It's the original gunbarrel and the 1962 theme. Only hi bust can be seen (no that's head and shoulders!). 'The name's Norton. Graham Norton.' *scratch of record being cut* 'Doesn't quite have the same ring does it?'
It was on the 100 greatest films and it was to introduce Goldfinger no less.

#3 Friedrich Baxter

Friedrich Baxter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 426 posts

Posted 15 April 2002 - 04:56 PM

Can anyone help me with that Austin Powers gunbarrel?