"It's Not Size That Matters, But How You Use It"

2 replies to this topic

#1 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 27 March 2002 - 05:37 AM

That's what Nigel Powers says to his son, Austin, about using a Mini Cooper in AP3.

from Ananova:

Mini to feature in new Austin Powers movie

The Mini is set to make a big screen appearance in the new Austin Powers film.

It appears in a number of high-speed chases during the third instalment of the spoof secret agent movie due out later this year.

In earlier films Mike Myers is seen behind the wheel of a Union Jack-painted E-type Jaguar, dubbed his "Shaguar".

Michael Caine, who starred in the Mini's last film adventure, the Italian Job, even has a role in Austin Powers III as Myers' father, Nigel.

The veteran British actor is shown reassuring his on-screen son about the Mini: "It's not size that matters, but how you use it."

Stunt driver Russ Swift marked the announcement by putting the new Mini Cooper through its paces ahead of the New York Auto show.

The Mini is currently taking the US by storm after going on sale in the country last weekend for the first time since the 1960s.

German maker BMW predicts that North America could become the largest export market for the car. The group has already earmarked 20,000 models for the US.

Torsten Muller-Oetvos, Mini's worldwide brand manager, said: "We are prepared for a higher number if demand is very high - so far, all the markets have been very promising."

The carmaker has shunned TV adverts, preferring eye-catching stunts, including putting Minis in baseball stadiums and other sporting venues.

This is a really smart (and hip?) move. A new product on the US market will generate huge interest in both AP3 and the venerable mini.

#2 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 27 March 2002 - 09:49 AM

Ah, I remember my father saying the very same thing to me, oh that takes me back. ;-)

#3 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 27 March 2002 - 06:45 PM

So is this the title for the AP movie: "Miniraker"?

Just asking...just asking. I am off to think of some bad "Nomads" jokes.

-- Xenobia