2 replies to this topic

#1 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 04 March 2002 - 07:52 PM

OK, so this [dark] geezer on *ahem* another site continually rips of CBN and MI6 articles by copying and pasting, so in one of life's little ironies, this was cut and paste from him... (hey at least I referenced you mate, and didn't use a direct download lnik :) )

Bond: So, what is it this time, Q? SMERSH? SPECTRE?
Q: Worse. BAFTA.
Bond: The awards ceremony?
Q: I'm afraid so. M's asked me to kit you up. *handing Bond a suit* Now here's your patented suit. Now, if you turn the button clockwise, it will inflate and take you to eighteen thousand feet.
Bond: Wonderful. Just so long as it gets me off stage.
Q (holding up a bow-tie): Now this, I'm particularly keen on. It's a combination flame-thrower, juicer and hovercraft.
Bond: It's a bow-tie, isn't it?
Q (inspecting it further): Oh, yes. So it is. *holding trophy* Now you'll be needing the award. Hold this very carefully - it's worth nearly twelve pounds. Apparently. *Bond looks at him* Apparently. *holds up watch* And you'll be needing this too. It's a watch, but if you press this button here, it will fire out a dart that will tranquilise anyone whose speech goes on for too long.
Bond: Mmm. Should be perfect for Stephen Fry, then.
Q: Mmm! Now good luck.
Bond: Yes. And you.
Q (after Bond's walked away): Poor chap.

#2 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 04 March 2002 - 08:23 PM

Just so I have my facts straight in five years or so when I'm asking a trivia question. The BAFTAs are the first time that John Cleese has appeared on screen as Q, right?

It'll be great fun when asking some new Bond fans when Cleese first played Q and they'll be arguing whether it was The World Is Not Enough or Double Black Beyond the Cross Ice Sun. And they will be totally confused when I say 'The BAFTAs'. (You have to plan these things way in advance, you know.)

#3 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 04 March 2002 - 09:07 PM

Mister Asterix (04 Mar, 2002 08:23 p.m.):
Just so I have my facts straight in five years or so when I'm asking a trivia question. The BAFTAs are the first time that John Cleese has appeared on screen as Q, right?

I think so, yes. Although maybe the PS2 "Agent Under Fire" game TV advert, where he wonders how to get lipstick out of Bond's shirt - maybe Cleese can do soap powder adverts too.

Although in the game he was credited as "R", so maybe not. hence all the **** "R vs Q" debate that got so damned annoying.