This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

The Austin Powers series only a trilogy?!?!?

4 replies to this topic

#1 JAWS

JAWS

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 07 February 2002 - 06:24 AM

I recently read on Upcoming Movies.Com that AP3 will be the last in the series because apparently it will be just a trilogy. Is this really true? I'd hate to see the series end so soon!

#2 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 11 April 2002 - 01:18 AM

I just read off of Upcomingmovies.com that they are planning to now make six Austin Powers movies in total and after that perhaps start work on a TV series.

#3 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 07 February 2002 - 10:32 PM

Well it may just be. If you've seen the advert at the superbowl thingo that everyone in the US apparently tunes into, the Austin Powers ad said something about the trilogy coming full circle. I'll see if I can find the link to it again.

#4 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 11 April 2002 - 01:13 AM

I'd love to see the series continue. Just not spoofiing Bond all the time. I think if they do a fourth, they should send it in a different direction. There's so much more they could do.
eg. They could have him retire and want to travel the seas. What starts off as a comedy of boatmanship, soon turns into a spoof shark thriller.
This is just a rough example.....OK its a very bad rough example but imagine the possibilities out there......

#5 JAWS

JAWS

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 08 February 2002 - 05:39 AM

I never saw the superbowl ad. I still hope the series is not over, though.