3 replies to this topic

#1 JAWS

JAWS

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 28 January 2002 - 03:31 AM

Not much of a topic starter, but have any of you folks seen "Bullets Aren't Cheap," a skit that starred Steve Martin and Sting? (It's on the SNL: Best of Steve Martin DVD)
SPOILER:
M can't find Bond and Moneypenny informs him that he is on vacation. She then reveals that 007 is really a tightwad when it comes to usiong his own money.
The gun barrel scene is pretty funny, with Bond stopping to pick up some chang in between shots!
Bond orders a beer, shaken not stirred and gambles with only a doller. The villain is Goldsting and he has a white haired pet that he stores money in (up it's rear-end!)
NON SPOILER: There's more to it than that, but I don't want to spoil the entire thing. Also ther's a brief clip from this in the Bond documentary (hosted by Hurley) on the GoldenEye DVD.

#2 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 28 January 2002 - 09:59 AM

I managed to find a site that displays SNL Transcripts.

I had a quick look, but couldn't find the above skits. However, I did find another Bond related one here. :)

#3 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 28 January 2002 - 06:26 AM

I remember that skit. Very funny.

Another great SNL Bond skit had with Christopher Walken playing Zorin (wearing a Blofeld tunic and Dr. No's metal hands) having to deal with the subcontractors getting behind schedule on the construction of his new volcano base. Phil Hartman did a perfect Timothy Dalton-esque Bond, who kept getting caught but Zorin continualy had to release him because none of his deathtraps were completed. (Zorin did have some nice charts showing how they would eventually work.) And the skit had one of the great Bond spoof titles of all time--Lease With An Option To Kill. All Bond fans must see this skit. Walken's Zorin was better than he was in A View To A Kill. Hilarious.

#4 JAWS

JAWS

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 30 January 2002 - 04:57 AM

Dang! That Walken/Hartman skit sound great! I sure wish that I had seen it!