56 replies to this topic

#31 DEVONKNIGHT

DEVONKNIGHT

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 213 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 03:49 PM

I can give you some contact information for people I know at MGM.

Hey DLibrasnow, just curious if you were able to get me that contact information for the people you know at MGM? I have already contacted EON Productions and would like to contact MGM as well. Let me know when you get a chance. :)

#32 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 03:54 PM

Sure, I will PM them to you :)

#33 DEVONKNIGHT

DEVONKNIGHT

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 213 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 04:05 PM

Greatly appreciated DLibrasnow.

#34 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 04:28 PM

PM sent! Hopefully that helps out. I have more numbers and emails if you are unable to reach Chris and Steve.

#35 DEVONKNIGHT

DEVONKNIGHT

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 213 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 06:33 PM

Just another update here. I have e-mailed EON, MGM, Lucasfilm and Paramount in regards to Jim selling copies of not only Bond props, but Star Wars and Star Trek props as well. Take a look at his website at www.kingego.com and you will see that he not only sells the original prop from these movies, but a cheaper copy of it as well. I figured if I was going to contact EON and MGM about this, I might as well contact the other companies involved too. I am waiting to hear back from them, but Paramount did say that they would forward my e-mail to their legal department. That's a step in the right direction.

I basically told these companies to go to his website and look at his merchandise. I don't know if he has any sort of agreement with any of these companies to replicate the original props, but they can check it out for themselves and take it from there. I only pointed them in his direction.

Keep you posted if anything new develops. :)

Edited by DEVONKNIGHT, 17 August 2004 - 06:34 PM.

#36 Brix Bond

Brix Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1503 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 07:06 PM

$60.00 for a year old Pepsi Bottle?

$200.00 for a spent bullet casing from Die Another Day?

$600.00 for the EMPTY case to house the recent Swatch collection?

$500.00 for a REPLICA bar of gold from Fort Knox that's only PAINTED gold and is signed by Shirley Eaton? (Cost

#37 IndyB007

IndyB007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 07:13 PM

[quote name='Brix Bond' date='17 August 2004 - 13:06'] $100.00 for a signed copy of 'Making It Big In The Movies'? Hm...cost

#38 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 07:38 PM

If anyone has done dealings with this guy I would look very carefully at what you have received.....sounds to me like there is a good chance you have been taken as a sucker.

#39 DEVONKNIGHT

DEVONKNIGHT

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 213 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 06:30 PM

Just to let you know that I heard back from MGM and they told me to deal with EON regarding this matter as MGM does not have the merchandising rights for James Bond. Let you know if I hear back anything more from the other companies. :)

#40 voituer

voituer

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 07:34 PM

Regarding Jim Arnold - I have dealt with Jim on a few occasions and everything turned up okay. I bought half a dozen Golden Guns from him and they all arrived okay and certainly were the real SD Studios items. I have noticed that smaller items on his site are maybe recasts etc but have no proof. One thing I regret not buying were the SD Studios Odd Jobs bowlers as they were quite a good price!!

I understand your predicament and from the shots it is clear that the photograph does not represent the product. You cannot however expect Reel Art to refund you without you sending them back the item first. After reading the correspondance back and forth I would suggest that your best course would be through your credit card company, complain to them.

I looked at the SD Studios breather and eventually made my own, it has removable steel cylinders that screw off and the mouthpiece was machined in brass and lacquered, total cost

#41 DEVONKNIGHT

DEVONKNIGHT

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 213 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 05:43 PM

Those items are definitley recasts voituer! As for sending the item back to him for a refund, I thought of it in the beginning, but because he lied to me once, I did not trust him to give me my refund if I sent the item back to him. I would be crazy to. Eon Productions are aware of my situation and I have also filed complaints with the Federal Trade Commission. This is far from being over and I will not rest until he pays for what he has done. People like this should not be in business if this is how they conduct themselves.

#42 DEVONKNIGHT

DEVONKNIGHT

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 213 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 04:09 PM

I was just doing some checking on something that Jim sells on his website at www.kingego.com, namely a Die Another Day breather for $224.99 (Page 4 under James Bond).

www.kingego.com/shop/index.php?shop=1&cart=9559&cat=2&keywords=&match_criteria=&rec=45

I recognized it from another website of someone who makes James Bond and other movie prop replicas, Retro Props and e-mailed him to ask him if it was the same one and how much he was charging for it.

63.160.59.180/props/DAD_breather.htm

He e-mailed me back and told me that Jim bought several DAD breathers from him sometime back and that he knew who he was and that he was probably going to sell them, but not for such a high price.

This is how much he is asking for the DAD breather:

James Bond DAD Breather: $90.00 + $5.50=$95.50

I assume the $5.50 is for shipping. Quite a difference in price! A mark-up of $129.49. This is even more reason for all of you out there that collect props and replicas to be wary of this guy. :)

#43 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 04:30 PM

I was just doing some checking on something that Jim sells on his website at www.kingego.com, namely a Die Another Day breather for $224.99 (Page 4 under James Bond).

www.kingego.com/shop/index.php?shop=1&cart=9559&cat=2&keywords=&match_criteria=&rec=45

I recognized it from another website of someone who makes James Bond and other movie prop replicas, Retro Props and e-mailed him to ask him if it was the same one and how much he was charging for it.

63.160.59.180/props/DAD_breather.htm

He e-mailed me back and told me that Jim bought several DAD breathers from him sometime back and that he knew who he was and that he was probably going to sell them, but not for such a high price.

This is how much he is asking for the DAD breather:

James Bond DAD Breather: $90.00 + $5.50=$95.50

I assume the $5.50 is for shipping. Quite a difference in price! A mark-up of $129.49. This is even more reason for all of you out there that collect props and replicas to be wary of this guy. :)

Interesting indeed DEVONKnight. Those damn Bond props, there are so many fakes and whatnot out there.

#44 IndyB007

IndyB007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 08:10 PM

Was going to post this in the eBay finds thread, but it seems more fitting in here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...ssPageName=WDVW

The above auction is for a Mego Moonraker figure of Holly in the box from 1979. A rather rare figure, and right now it's at a good price. But BEWARE! This seller is charging a packing fee of $7.00 + a shipping charge between $27 & $40 for standard UPS shipping within the US.

Just wanted to point that out before anyone bids $100+ on the figure and then gets slapped with these ridiculous shipping charges.

#45 doublenoughtspy

doublenoughtspy

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4122 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 08:17 PM

Nice catch Indyb007.

I got burned a few times when I was new to ebay - suddenly a bargain turns out to be a boat anchor because of totally insanse shipping and handling rates.

It's something that is happening more and more - because ebay raises their rates - and so sellers pass on those rate hikes by charging more for shipping.

That seller is one of those new businesses that have sprouted up where people with no ebay or computer experience can drop off items to be sold on ebay at a retail location.

I always wondered how that would be profitiable - and now I see - charge 3 or 4 times what shipping would cost and you could profit real quick.

#46 DEVONKNIGHT

DEVONKNIGHT

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 213 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 08:29 PM

Thanks for the information IndyB007! :)

#47 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 08:30 PM

Was going to post this in the eBay finds thread, but it seems more fitting in here.

The above auction is for a Mego Moonraker figure of Holly in the box from 1979. A rather rare figure, and right now it's at a good price. But BEWARE! This seller is charging a packing fee of $7.00 + a shipping charge between $27 & $40 for standard UPS shipping within the US.

Just wanted to point that out before anyone bids $100+ on the figure and then gets slapped with these ridiculous shipping charges.

Whoa! :)

Try everything.

#48 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 01:41 AM

They're a Power Seller too.

#49 IndyB007

IndyB007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 09:04 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...3839900712&rd=1

Man, I really wan to buy this, but the seller is charging $59.20 for Airmail shipping to the US! And I thought the poster itself was on the pricey side.

Edited by IndyB007, 14 September 2004 - 09:05 PM.

#50 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 09:23 PM

Sheesh, that's more than a little high. :)

#51 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 10:20 PM

It

#52 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 07:45 AM

[quote name='Mister Asterix' date='15 September 2004 - 00:20'] It

#53 IndyB007

IndyB007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 01:54 PM

#!$&#@!! pizza boxes... :)

#54 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 07:10 PM

#!$&#@!! pizza boxes... :)

For sheer stupidity IndyB007, that one has to take the cake.

Honestly...I wouldn't know what to think.

#55 Piz Gloria 1969

Piz Gloria 1969

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 414 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 08:27 AM

Stay away from Jonathan Cocking of Canterbury , UK.

He never sent refund & disappeared , used a womans name to register on eBay.

#56 DEVONKNIGHT

DEVONKNIGHT

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 213 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 03:33 PM

Stay away from Jonathan Cocking of Canterbury , UK.

He never sent refund & disappeared , used a womans name to register on eBay.

View Post

I sympathize with you Piz Gloria. You obviuosly see that I went through a somewhat similiar ordeal myself.

Is this guy currently selling on Ebay right now? What name is he selling under on Ebay? Does he just sell on Ebay or does he have his own business he sells from as well?

You can file a Fraud Alert Report with Ebay as well as report him to the Better Business Bureau. If you want, I can supply you with some of the information that you will need. Hopefully, you were not put out that much. My own experience was a very costly one. I could have taken a refund, but I did not trust the seller and was afraid that once I returned the item, he would not refund me my money, just like what happened to you. I personally feel that people who choose to resort to unethical business practices should be reprimanded much more harshly than what they are. Maybe one day that may change. :)

Edited by DEVONKNIGHT, 12 October 2004 - 03:34 PM.

#57 DEVONKNIGHT

DEVONKNIGHT

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 213 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 07:23 PM

Interesting to see this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...7511004418&rd=1

Jim has the exact same breather up for auction on Ebay as he had sold me months ago, except now he's admitting that it's not a SD Studios breather. The bid starts at $149.99 US and he charged me $225 US for mine! This guy has absolutely no morals! For anyone not familiar with my story and what happened to me regarding Jim Arnold of Reelart, stay far away from this crook!!! :)