hmmm.. James Bond Jr?

9 replies to this topic

#1 mythmunky

mythmunky

Cadet

• Crew
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 07:55 PM

Hi all, this is my first post on these boards. I was just wondering if anyone thought Higson might go back to the old cartoon show, James Bond Jr. for inspiration to his upcoming novels! I think it could be possible, although he'll obviously make it a little more grown up, but just in terms of plot... Discuss! :)

#2 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 08:41 PM

Welcome to CBn, mythmunky. :)

The feeling I get from Higson is that it will only be the Fleming novels that he gets his inspiration from. If he does get any inspiration from a Junior James Bond, I would lay odds that it would be 003-1/2 and not the guy who fought SCUM.

#3 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 08:48 PM

Welcome to CBn, mythmunky! I hope you enjoy yourself here.

I always thought of James Bond Jr [the cartoon] taking place during the time Bond Jr was in late High School (maybe I'm wrong about this). Anywho... Higson's books will take place when James Bond is/was in his early teens. I believe Eon and all involved with James Bond Jr thought it to be a failure, maybe they made him watch it and tell him make sure not to do "THIS". :)

I like James Bond Jr. though :)

#4 Glor (009)

Glor (009)

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 469 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 03:59 AM

I think regardless of the inspiration it's a scary idea.

Personally I find myself wishing that Lucas had let sleeping dogs lie and not done the prequels to Star Wars. I don't think they live up to the uniqueness and myth of the originals and they don't really add to the series. I can't see one day watching 1 through 6 in order. It wouldn't feel right.

I always felt like Young Indiana Jones on TV worked because in the movies Indy appeared out of nowhere and the TV show and the films were kind of 2 separate things. Knowing too much about Bond's past will demystify him too much.

Just my thoughts. Welcome mm

#5 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 04:01 AM

Welcome to CBn, mythmunky. :)

The feeling I get from Higson is that it will only be the Fleming novels that he gets his inspiration from. If he does get any inspiration from a Junior James Bond, I would lay odds that it would be 003-1/2 and not the guy who fought SCUM.

My thoughts exactly. Seems like they're going to be taking this idea more into the literary styles, than from that older TV show. Keep it literary "Bond".

And welcome to CBn.

#6 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 02:48 PM

What!? This friendship is over! :)

Actually, the theme song is groovy, with lyrics so subtle it makes Lulu's The Man With The Golden Gun sound cryptic.

#7 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 04:21 PM

,4 August 2004 - 06:48]

What!? This friendship is over! :)

:)

Brat :)

I like it because James Bond Jr was actually my 1st exposure to the world of James Bond

#8 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 04:22 PM

I always felt like Young Indiana Jones on TV worked because in the movies Indy appeared out of nowhere and the TV show and the films were kind of 2 separate things. Knowing too much about Bond's past will demystify him too much.

Good point there Glor. The young Indy Jones did work in my opinion, even though I seldom paid or pay much attention to it. Was cool to see them try to be included once with the trilogy, but you could still see it was a seperate thing.

#9 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 11:31 PM

James Bond Jr. is James Bond's nephew and Young James Bond is James Bond 007.

#10 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 01:18 AM

[quote name='Athena007' date='5 August 2004 - 02:21'] I like it because James Bond Jr was actually my 1st exposure to the world of James Bond