With producers Patrick Gilmore and Chris Plummer

#2 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 06:43 AM

Great interview. I encourage all CBn'ers who are interested in the game to read this one! :)

#3 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 05:04 PM

I am SO sold on the game and SO excited about everything EA is doing with Bond. Do they get it, or what? Yes, you hire KEN 'freakin' ADAM when you want to create a Bondian world! (Why isn't Adam doing the movies?) These guys seems very excited and eager and open and un-cynical and I love that. I've said I thought Everything Or Nothing was as good a Bond movie as we've had in years, and somehow they've now convinced me this game -- which doesn't even involve Bond -- is more Bondian that anything Eon has produced in 10 years. And don't even get me started on well they treat the fans as oposed to Eon/MGM -- this Community Day proved that.

I was talking to someone the other day and I mentioned how EA could become as big as any Hollywood studio and they said, "Become? They are already there and well past!"

Bond is in very good hands.

Love that RA icon, btw.

#4 Xenia's Ferrari

Xenia's Ferrari

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 12:20 AM

i do not play video games. it is still interesting to read this interview. thank you CBn.

#5 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 12:36 AM

James Bond 007 + EA + Goldfinger + Oddjob + Pussy Galore + Xenia Onatopp + Christopher Lee + Judi Dench + Ken Adam + Paul Oakenfold = Sucess! :)

Awesome article and icon, Athena!

#6 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 12:55 AM

Well, I was extremely pissed about this game when it was first announced and I've not been following it at all, but reading the interview...

They got Ken Adam to work on design and Christopher Lee is back as Scaramanga?! Characters that actually look like their movie likeness and not watered down generic versions?!

Okay, that's enough for me, I'm preordering it.

#7 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 01:28 AM

James Bond 007 + EA + Goldfinger + Oddjob + Pussy Galore + Xenia Onatopp + Christopher Lee + Judi Dench + Ken Adam + Paul Oakenfold = Sucess! :)

Quite so Chris. It would be great to see even more femme fatales other than the usually customary Xenia Onatopp included too though.

#8 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 02:08 AM

I am pumped for this game. It has a risky concept, but I think they're doing an awesome job with it. EA's definitely putting a lot of effort into this one, and I, for one, can't wait to play as a bad guy.

#9 Professor Joseph Penbrunner

Professor Joseph Penbrunner

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 10:29 AM

Many thanks to Athena on her excellent article, i'm now even more excited about this game.

As Zencat rightly pointed out, EA seem to be doing a great job of keeping the fans informed with the latest developments, EON could certainly learn a trick or two from these guys.

It really does look like EA are setting out to create a game set in the Bond Universe that will really please fans. I know that some have reservations about playing as a villian, but i for one am really pumped by the idea. EA are showing that they are not afraid to try new things with their Bond licence, and I salute them for that.

EA have shown us that they can use their Bond licence and create a game that plays with the franshise i little while remaining totally authentic to the bond Universe. If we are all honest at some point or another we have all thought "How great would it be to play in the Fort Knox from Goldfinger, or the Moonraker launch facility in multiplayer?". EA are giving the fans what they want and thats why they are the best at what they do :)

Roll on December

#10 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 10:58 AM

If we are all honest at some point or another we have all thought "How great would it be to play in the Fort Knox from Goldfinger, or the Moonraker launch facility in multiplayer?". EA are giving the fans what they want and thats why they are the best at what they do :)

Roll on December

I agree. I think they're really going to go all out with this one, even as big as EoN was.

#11 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 04:27 PM

Thank you, Professor Joseph Penbrunner :)
(I was just about to say welcome to CBn, but noticed you've been here since 2002.)

Ya, you seem to get it. So there's no Bond in this game, pish posh, there's so much of the Bond world in this game that it's going to be stellar in a whole different way. I mean, I'm looking forward to running around the Bond movie sets :)

#12 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 08:06 PM

I am SO sold on the game and SO excited about everything EA is doing with Bond. Do they get it, or what? Yes, you hire KEN 'freakin' ADAM when you want to create a Bondian world! (Why isn't Adam doing the movies?) These guys seems very excited and eager and open and un-cynical and I love that. I've said I thought Everything Or Nothing was as good a Bond movie as we've had in years, and somehow they've now convinced me this game -- which doesn't even involve Bond -- is more Bondian that anything Eon has produced in 10 years. And don't even get me started on well they treat the fans as oposed to Eon/MGM -- this Community Day proved that.

I was talking to someone the other day and I mentioned how EA could become as big as any Hollywood studio and they said, "Become? They are already there and well past!"

Bond is in very good hands.

Love that RA icon, btw.

Damn fine heartfelt post my friend!. :)

I think it was dear Loomis who mentioned last year about "James Bond Games could take over from the films"!.

You know what we're dealing with at "EA"?, fresh young blood who want to impress as opposed to a franchise that in my mind is stagnant!.

Oh, by the way, you used "Bondian" twice. :) :)

Cheers my friend,

Ian

#13 TonicBH

TonicBH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 291 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 01:27 AM

After going to an anomaly such as the TND PSX game, this sounds like this is gonna be a damn good game.

I should go pick EON, I heard it's pretty darn good.