10 replies to this topic

#1 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 24 June 2001 - 08:41 PM

I was just at MGM where I saw some ad art for Bond 20 in their annual report folder (it was just sitting in the lobby). Nothing too impressive, just a pic of Pierce (from TWINE, gray suit, arms folded) and the 007 logo with "Bond 20" written under it. It was set against a greenish graphic (very '80s looking, I thought).

#2 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 25 June 2001 - 01:58 AM

I hope it's not an omen as wel!!

Just looking at the poster. Isn't Brosnan's picture a publicity one from TWINE. I think it's the suit he wore in TWINE as well. I'm not 100% sure though.

#3 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 24 June 2001 - 09:25 PM

Well I be darned. I just typed "MGM Annual Report" into my search engine and BINGO! Check it out for yourself.

http://www.mgm.com/c...nteractive.html

#4 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 25 June 2001 - 09:34 PM

It looks pretty much like the one from TWINE. I doubt that they would have taken photo shoots for Bond 20 yet.

#5 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 01 July 2001 - 12:30 AM

"The recent posts of the 40th Anniversary art and Bond 20 art are not official. Please continue to check www.jamesbond.com for official art and news."

MGM is talking about a collection of 40th Anniversary logos which appeared over at MKKBB. The link is now dead. As to the Bond 20 art, I don't know how you get more official than appearing on the MGM web site and in their annual report -- but I guess they mean it's not approved by EON as "official" Bond 20 art. Actually, I never thought it was. It just looks to me like something MGM threw together for the report. I wonder if MGM will take it down now?

#6 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 25 June 2001 - 12:41 AM

That's an excellent find Zencat. I'm just creating an article on it right now :) Ace ace ace!

#7 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 25 June 2001 - 01:35 AM

Blue Eyes (25 Jun, 2001 02:29 a.m.):
Tell me, was the poster in such bad shape when it was in the report, I mean did it have that annoying border? :)  How big was it?

It had that border -- it kind of blended into the white page. Like I said, a very '80s type of graphic (which I hope isn't a bad omen). Seems like it was a little larger in the actual report than it was on the web site, but not that much bigger.

#8 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 25 June 2001 - 01:29 AM

No probs Zencat.

Tell me, was the poster in such bad shape when it was in the report, I mean did it have that annoying border? :) How big was it?

Thanks for the ace exclusive :) Oh and just out of interest. Pierce Brosnan was approached to do Basic Instinct II. And it finally looks like that project is DOA.

#9 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 01 July 2001 - 09:36 AM

Well I've just found the 40th Anniversary art. Not too impressed with it personally. I can imagine why they'd debunk that!

But the Bond 20 is official? Hell it's just sitting there?

#10 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 26 June 2001 - 01:57 AM

They will do photo shoots whenever they get the chance, believe me. But yes, I believe it's an old one.

#11 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 25 June 2001 - 01:15 AM

Thanks for the kind words Blue Eyes. Congrats on the scoop!

I wouldn't make too much about the placement of the BOND 20 advert in the "Interactive" section. The whole report was peppered with posters for upcoming movies. For instance, a BASIC INSTINCT 2 poster was in the "Consumer Products" section.