3 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Trump

Mr Trump

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 23 June 2001 - 11:02 PM

Does anybody on the site think that John Landis would be a good director for a James Bond movie. Personally I don't think he would be the best choice to direct a Bond movie.

#2 WhitePersian

WhitePersian

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 June 2001 - 11:43 AM

Landis's name has come up before over the years, probably on the basis of his ability to shoot car crashes in The Blues Brothers. While I feel he might have directed something like LALD competently enough, IOHMO he'd be completely wrong for the Brosnan era Bond. Can't see it happening anyway.

#3 Bill C

Bill C

Recruit

• Crew
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2001 - 09:48 PM

Landis would be a disaster. He has never outgrown his childish humor. It served him well in Animal House, but has anyone seen that film lately. It is very funny still, but badly directed. I also have boycotted Landis's films since he was responsible for the deaths of Vic Morrow and some children during the Twilight Zone movie. A totally irresponsible man. I would find it very difficult to see Bond20 if Landis directed.

#4 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 24 June 2001 - 09:28 AM

Well there's a strong possibillity that he won't be the director. He does have a strong relationship with Bond!!