6 replies to this topic

#1 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 13 June 2001 - 02:21 PM

For any one interested, Douglas James, Brosnan's body double is visiting Perth Western Australia this week. I live in Perth and heard him interviewed on Radio Station 6PR, on the Paul Murray morning show, on monday morning 11 June. He's here on a surprise visit to see a relative, after shooting commercials in Indonesia for Pakistani TV. According to James, he loves playing "Bond" 52 weeks of the year; he gets plenty of TV and speaking gigs. This is what he had to say about Bond 20 (verbatim):

JAMES: ...for instance on the next movie which is possibly going to be called Beyond The Ice, that's the working title at the moment, it's in preproduction in England and we go into the studio in February next year and the release date will be November, so it's out for next Christmas, they've not finished the script, we don't know who the co-stars are going to be and we're waiting for a band with a good song

MURRAY: And Shirley Bassey's been signed up (laughing)

JAMES: Well, Shirley Bassey's done three, I don't think she can do anymore, they try to bring it up, try to modernise and bring it up to the young

MURRAY: (to the listeners)...if you see a man walking around Perth who looks remarkably like James Bond, it's Douglas James...say g'day to him

#2 spacebabe

spacebabe

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 June 2001 - 06:55 AM

You're welcome.
As for James, if he's the regular stunt double, he wouldn't have to audition (maybe the wrong word, but you know what I mean) so he might not have actually been around eon much lately, as his job is already there, he has no reason to go to a lot of meetings or anything, so he might just have heard the Ice name everywhere else (and it was everywhere) and assumed.

#3 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 17 June 2001 - 12:41 AM

Well if any news comes across please let me know :)

#4 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 16 June 2001 - 12:40 PM

Blue Eyes (14 Jun, 2001 07:19 a.m.):
...I'm surpirsed how much James got wrong, obviously he knows little about the production.

I guess James must have read the tabloids like everybody else. For James, his info on Bond 20 is definately 'on a need to know basis'.

P.S. I posted the report here because it's hardly important enough to email to you. Any new info I will email it to you.

#5 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 16 June 2001 - 03:28 AM

That's a good explanation for it SpaceBabe.

To the best of my knowledge James is Pierce Brosnan's permanent stunt double so he travels to most films with Brosnan. That aside, his other work (I think) is done through licencing with DANJAQ.

#6 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 14 June 2001 - 06:19 AM

That's for that report Nexus. Any other news please send it to me for posting on the main site, esepcially in regards to Australia!!!

Spacebabe, I'll be posting the article soon :) Thanks for e-mailing it in!!

I'm surpirsed how much James got wrong, obviously he knows little about the production.

#7 spacebabe

spacebabe

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 June 2001 - 04:32 PM

Eh? He said Beyond The Ice was the working title? I thought that got disproved.

BTW, this is not the right place to post this, but as I only visit this section, British film magazine Hotdog has a great 007 special. It also includes a small report (mostly speculative) on Bond 20, want it scanned anyone?