Bond 20 Script

12 replies to this topic

#1 Golden_Guy_007

Golden_Guy_007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 June 2001 - 05:26 PM

When can we expect to see the script floating around the Internet? And how long did it take for TND and TWINE scripts to start circulating?

#2 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 12 June 2001 - 02:24 PM

Blue Eyes (12 Jun, 2001 01:54 a.m.):
I had the script for TWINE (second draft). In March 1999. Not 100% sure about that date though. But I know it was fairly damn early!

I also get my hands on most of the scripts before the movie comes out, but I never read them. It spoils the movie for me. I read the pre-titles sequence, but that's it. Talk about self control! Do you read them?

#3 spacebabe

spacebabe

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 June 2001 - 12:42 PM

I think it's all about striking the right balance.
But I wouldn't like to see a return to the Dalton 007.

#4 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 12 June 2001 - 06:11 AM

I always get a little spooked when someone says they're going to "Flemingise" the Bond films. I'm never sure what they're saying exactly. A return to the Dalton style films? Don't get me wrong, I like the Dalton films, but I'm a hardcore Bond fan. To most audience members these films were confusing. Why so serious? Where's the fun? Why's Bond so ANGRY? I think EON sometimes underestimates the general audiences desire for a return to a witty, larger than life Bond film in the style of, say, TSWLM or YOLT. Michael Wilson once said we'll never see a villain in a hollowed out volcano again. WHY NOT? Frankly, I really miss the larger than life villians. I love the books -- but they're BOOKS. The movies have become something very different. If I step outside of my Bond fan self... I'm just not sure "Flemingising" Bond is the best thing for the long term health of the series.

#5 spacebabe

spacebabe

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 June 2001 - 04:08 AM

I read the Screen International article, so they're planning to 'Flemingise' Bond. I think that's wonderful. And with all this talk on the kinkier Bond, no one was kinkier (in a dark, erotic sense, not a 'lets have some bare boobs' sense) than Fleming's Bond.
I'm really getting excited about this movie now. I'm going to go read Dr No.

#6 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 12 June 2001 - 12:54 AM

I just posted an article on the Bond 20 script, check the Bond 20 site :)

Anyhow. Off the top of my head I had the script for TWINE (second draft). In March 1999. Not 100% sure about that date though. But I know it was fairly damn early!

#7 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 14 June 2001 - 05:52 AM

Well it's hard to say really. Someone 'official', that is they work for one of the bigger companies such as MGM or EON, leaks them through the internet and they get rebounded like there's no tomorrow.

And that's all about that can be said about that.

Once I get sent a copy I will no doubt do a review on it. So stay tuned for that.

#8 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 13 June 2001 - 03:47 AM

Golden_Guy_007 (12 Jun, 2001 03:30 p.m.):
How the hell do you people manage to get a hold of these scripts?!?! Could you post some when you obtain them?

Sadly Golden_Guy that would be a no no, a big illegal step. While they undoubtedly will get sent into me and others will get their hands on them any transfer cannot be done through the site. The only way to do it is to Personal Message a few people and hope they have. You can't broadcast. If you do the site can be shut down by EON and MGM. :)

#9 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 12 June 2001 - 11:12 AM

spacebabe (12 Jun, 2001 05:08 a.m.):
in a dark, erotic sense, not a 'lets have some bare boobs' sense

That's an interesting thought. Though I don't know how it could transpire into a Bond film. Could make it a bit too arty. But the directors they're looking at are all actiony directors.

#10 Golden_Guy_007

Golden_Guy_007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 June 2001 - 01:21 PM

But, again, HOW do you manage to obtain these scripts?????

#11 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 13 June 2001 - 03:49 AM

zencat (12 Jun, 2001 03:24 p.m.):
I also get my hands on most of the scripts before the movie comes out, but I never read them. It spoils the movie for me. I read the pre-titles sequence, but that's it. Talk about self control! Do you read them?

Not in full. Sadly I may have to with my role for Bond 20 and reporting all the news etc.... However, with TWINE I read the pre title sequence up to where about Robert King get's killed. I was so sick of hearing rumours about Q being blown up that I just had to read to see who it was.

#12 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 13 June 2001 - 01:12 PM

Judging by TWINE, the Bond 20 1st draft script may start leaking by Sept/Oct...I hope so !!!.

#13 Golden_Guy_007

Golden_Guy_007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 June 2001 - 02:30 PM

How the hell do you people manage to get a hold of these scripts?!?! Could you post some when you obtain them?