#1 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 11:29 PM

Posted Image

Where did you get your copy of Moonraker?

Where are other places to buy a copy?

Is Moonraker in print where you live?

Having troubles finding Moonraker? Post here.

#2 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 01:37 AM

Well, to get the ball rolling...

I have 8 or 9 copies of the novel, Moonraker. The easiest copy to obtain for me was the recent Penguin edition, but I find older editions of it often in used book stores. Or the internet, eBay almost always has many copies of it to buy.

#3 SPECTRE ASSASSIN

SPECTRE ASSASSIN

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4247 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 03:16 AM

Yes, I also have the Penguin copy. It's much easier to go out and buy it. I recommend going to Borders. Or if your too lazy, I recommend buying it at amazon.com. A great site!

#4 Triton

Triton

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2056 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 03:20 AM

Used books shops, such as the Half-Price Books chain, are also a great place to find Moonraker, and the other Fleming novels, in paperback. I found a 1973 paperback edition in good condition with a good binding. I also found my copy of Colonel Sun, a Bantam edition with cover art by Frank McCarthy, in good condition for $35 there.

You might also find the novels at garage sales and library book sales.

#5 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 03:22 AM

I have the new Penguin edition, bought it and read it last year.

My sister has my Signet edition of Moonraker. :)

#6 CommanderBond

CommanderBond

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3135 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 11:47 AM

I have the Penguin edition as well. I got it on amazon.com

#7 Triton

Triton

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2056 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 11:48 PM

Also consider your local public library. The Ian Fleming books can often be found in the fiction section and the staff aren't likely to have gotten rid of the Fleming books like they did with the titles by John Gardner.

#8 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 11:49 PM

Also consider your local public library. The Ian Fleming books can often be found in the fiction section and the staff aren't likely to have gotten rid of the Fleming books like they did with the titles by John Gardner.

Nope....just all those books are listed as stolen/missing, which is the deal for one of the libraries down the street from me.

#9 Triton

Triton

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2056 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 11:59 PM

Nope....just all those books are listed as stolen/missing, which is the deal for one of the libraries down the street from me.

I'm sorry to hear that Qwerty. :)

#10 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 12:01 AM

I'm sorry to hear that Qwerty. :)

It's no problem for me, I have the books, but I was kind of astonished to see that the one specific library had at one point 12 or 13 Fleming's, and they all have a Stoeln listing next to them on the computer listings.