23 replies to this topic

#1 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 10 June 2001 - 01:32 PM

Well...I'll tell you how passionate I am. Even if say I was given the choice between seeing Bond 20 and doing it with the world's sexiest babe who tells me it's now or never, I'll answer, "Forget it. I'm watching Bond 20".
At any other time I would respond, "Yes".
But not when it coincides with seeing Bond 20 at the very first opportunity.
That's how passionate I am...how passionate are you ?...Give me your responses...I'm sure you guys are just as fanatic as myself.

#2 The Mastermind III

The Mastermind III

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 June 2001 - 03:38 AM

So-so, I first saw TWINE a year after it came out on video.

I'd take the sexy lady any day.

#3 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 16 June 2001 - 01:40 PM

The Mastermind II (16 Jun, 2001 04:38 a.m.):
So-so, I first saw TWINE a year after it came out on video.

I'd take the sexy lady any day.

You call yourself a Bond fan ?.

#4 R

R

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 16 June 2001 - 04:48 PM

What if the sexy lady was the Bond girl from Bond 20?

btw, don't the girls have an option?

#5 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 18 June 2001 - 12:38 PM

"R" (16 Jun, 2001 05:48 p.m.):
What if the sexy lady was the Bond girl from Bond 20?

btw, don't the girls have an option?

Well "R", you've got me there. Yes it would a dereliction of my Bond fan duty not to accept the Bond girl's gracious invitation...In this case I would see Bond 20 afterwards !!.

#6 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 02 July 2001 - 08:16 AM

Paid for it already? Wow that's dedication.

So where do you go to these charity premieres?

#7 Mr Trump

Mr Trump

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 23 June 2001 - 10:42 PM

Jacques Nexus (10 Jun, 2001 02:32 p.m.):
Well...I'll tell you how passionate I am. Even if say I was given the choice between seeing Bond 20 and doing it with the world's sexiest babe who tells me it's now or never, I'll answer, "Forget it. I'm watching Bond 20".
At any other time I would respond, "Yes".
But not when it coincides with seeing Bond 20 at the very first opportunity.
That's how passionate I am...how passionate are you ?...Give me your responses...I'm sure you guys are just as fanatic as myself.

Hello! I want to see Bond 20 as much as the next guy but I'm sure I could wait a day or two to go with the worlds sexiest babe.

#8 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 25 June 2001 - 07:30 PM

Jacques Nexus (11 Jun, 2001 11:40 a.m.):
You know, when you turn up at your seat at the preview waiting for the white dots to appear on screen, the excitement and anticipation is incredible for me. There's no other feeling like it.

Me too. I'll tell you something pretty embarassing, at the packed preview for TWINE I was more excited than ever. Firstly Arnolds gun barrel arrangement was better than that from TND and so immediately I was well up for it. But even more exciting for me was when bond pinches Q's boat. When it flys out of MI6 and lands there is a great thud and the music kicks in. On seeing this I stood up with my fist clenched in the air and shouted 'C'mon'. God only kows what I was thinking, I get too excited.

#9 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 25 June 2001 - 08:05 PM

mrmoon (25 Jun, 2001 08:30 p.m.):
On seeing this I stood up with my fist clenched in the air and shouted 'C'mon'. God only kows what I was thinking, I get too excited.

Okay, YOU are the person I wanna see Bond 20 with!

#10 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 25 June 2001 - 08:49 PM

It was really overwhelming that part with the Bond song in the background as soon as it crashed down into the water. The pre-title sequence was the best!

Here's another question; which of your fav personal belongings would you give up to be the first in the WORLD to see Bond 20 with Pierce Brosnan and the rest of the cast/crew?

#11 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 01 July 2001 - 12:02 PM

zencat (27 Jun, 2001 02:22 a.m.):
I think it's the duty of all Bond fans to rewatch MOONRAKER. It is NOT a bad Bond film. I think it was bashed back in the day by old time Bond fans who never got over Sean Connery leaving the series. The "Moonraker is the worst Bond" thing has become one of the false truths of Bond fandom, the thing you're supossed to know if you're a "real" Bond fan. (Along with Thunderball being one of the "best" Bond films -- well I don't think tht's true either!)

Don't worry, there are more MOONRAKER/Roger Moore fans out there than we think. Rise up for Roger!

TSWLM is a classic !...MOONRAKER isn't as good but does have it's moments...and THUNDERBALL also has it's moments but it's basically one big bloody mess !...for a film dealing with stolen nukes, it's surprising how it lacks suspense & excitement. The story wasn't big enough to accomodate everything, including that stupid underwater jetpak thingy that 007 wears in the climactic battle.

#12 007

Cadet

• Crew
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 July 2001 - 02:37 PM

I am passionate enough to have already put down a

#13 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 26 June 2001 - 03:45 PM

Dave (25 Jun, 2001 09:49 p.m.):
Here's another question; which of your fav personal belongings would you give up to be the first in the WORLD to see Bond 20 with Pierce Brosnan and the rest of the cast/crew?

My toothbrush. :)

#14 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 26 June 2001 - 08:49 PM

Hey Zencat you and me have a bit in common, My favourite Bond is also TSWLM and I'm a big Moonraker fan on the quite. I'm not ashamed of being a fan of moonraker, it's just all my mates hate it and so I never talk about it much.

#15 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 27 June 2001 - 01:22 AM

mrmoon (26 Jun, 2001 09:49 p.m.):
Hey Zencat you and me have a bit in common, My favourite Bond is also TSWLM and I'm a big Moonraker fan on the quite. I'm not ashamed of being a fan of moonraker, it's just all my mates hate it and so I never talk about it much.

I think it's the duty of all Bond fans to rewatch MOONRAKER. It is NOT a bad Bond film. I think it was bashed back in the day by old time Bond fans who never got over Sean Connery leaving the series. The "Moonraker is the worst Bond" thing has become one of the false truths of Bond fandom, the thing you're supossed to know if you're a "real" Bond fan. (Along with Thunderball being one of the "best" Bond films -- well I don't think tht's true either!)

Don't worry, there are more MOONRAKER/Roger Moore fans out there than we think. Rise up for Roger!

#16 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 27 June 2001 - 09:11 AM

Moonraker is a great film. Especially the boat chase sequence. What we should ask people is what they hate about the film? I can't find anything bad about the film. If it's the moonraker lasers, or Drax's space base, Brocoli said that they were science fact - possible, not science fiction.

#17 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 12 June 2001 - 01:05 AM

If you can see it go to the major premiere of the film, like I did for GoldenEye. It's great to be the first in your country, but there are some critics who sit there with little torches and stuff writing, or hissing at stupid bits. God that's annoying.

All the critics jeered in GoldenEye when Bond free falls for the plane. I felt like saying "Shut The F* up, it's a movie!"

#18 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 11 June 2001 - 08:37 PM

Blue Eyes (10 Jun, 2001 11:22 p.m.):
Well I'll be seeing it before it opens nation wide. I can tell you that much. And it will be at the very first opportunity. I've seen GoldenEye, TND and TWINE all before regular release dates.

I saw TWINE at a preview evening, and I intend to do the same for Bond 20.

#19 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 11 June 2001 - 10:47 AM

zencat (10 Jun, 2001 06:10 p.m.):
Think I might have to take the sexy babe...of course, I'd be THINKING about Bond 20. :)

You know you may have a point...you can always see Bond 20 straight afterwards. What a day that would be !...Oh...I'm weakening already !.

#20 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 11 June 2001 - 10:40 AM

Blue Eyes (10 Jun, 2001 11:22 p.m.):
Well I'll be seeing it before it opens nation wide. I can tell you that much. And it will be at the very first opportunity. I've seen GoldenEye, TND and TWINE all before regular release dates.

You know, when you turn up at your seat at the preview waiting for the white dots to appear on screen, the excitement and anticipation is incredible for me. There's no other feeling like it.

#21 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 10 June 2001 - 10:22 PM

#22 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 10 June 2001 - 04:56 PM

Think I might have to take the sexy babe...of course, I'd be THINKING about Bond 20. :)

#23 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 13 June 2001 - 01:34 PM

Blue Eyes (12 Jun, 2001 02:05 a.m.):
If you can see it go to the major premiere of the film, like I did for GoldenEye. It's great to be the first in your country, but there are some critics who sit there with little torches and stuff writing, or hissing at stupid bits. God that's annoying.

All the critics jeered in GoldenEye when Bond free falls for the plane. I felt like saying "Shut The F* up, it's a movie!"

How did you get to go to the major premiere ?. Somehow I get the impression you must be well connected. Are your parents big Bond fans by any chance ?. Also, about the GE plane stunt...I can always remember a girl sitting behind me once who said, "A-w-w-w...crap !", when she saw that stunt. I wanted to tell her off for that !.

#24 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 14 June 2001 - 05:55 AM

Connected? Geez I wish. My dad's a semi-Bond fan. Mum doesn't care either way. Actually as for connections I find it's only now that I'm starting to make them and I've made quite a few so far, something that I'm quite impressed about :)