This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

IFP Announce "Young James Bond" series

164 replies to this topic

Poll: Young James Bond

Young James Bond

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#151 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 08:13 PM

Yeah...I have a really solid structure and plot worked out...I spent a lot of time working on that because I wanted it to be a story that was worth telling. I think James Bond fans will get a kick out of it and enjoy it.

#152 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 12:02 AM

Its the editor in me Zencat....but its "taking" and not "talking" in your lead!

Oh! Yikes! Thanks Darren. I badly need an editor. I just can't spot these kinds of things myself. Thanks again. :)

#153 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 01:08 AM

Lame idea. We already have 'Smallville' and 'Dawson's creek' ran it's course...Cody banks is stupid...I suspect someone is eyeing Harry Potter type profits by prostituting an adult institution! :)

#154 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 01:28 AM

Aw, look at that, another 'happy' fan about the young Bond news. :)

Johnboy, I'm sure you could still do the fanfic, doesn't have to revolve around what the IFP is doing, yes?

Well, at least the plot of mine does not revolve around mad American scientists/businessmen, rather something very real.

I say we have a competition! Me against Charlie Higson!

#155 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 01:53 AM

Oh! Yikes! Thanks Darren. I badly need an editor. I just can't spot these kinds of things myself. Thanks again. :)

No problem Zencat...One of the hardest things to do is edit your own work. I offered my editor services to one member of the staff but they politely informed they had it covered :)

#156 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 01:56 AM

No problem Zencat...One of the hardest things to do is edit your own work. I offered my editor services to one member of the staff but they politely informed they had it covered :)

You're free to edit me if you like. I certainly DO NOT have it covered.

#157 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 01:59 AM

Anytime! Its what I do for a living! :)

#158 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 04:00 AM

Aw, look at that, another 'happy' fan about the young Bond news. :)

Johnboy, I'm sure you could still do the fanfic, doesn't have to revolve around what the IFP is doing, yes?

Well, at least the plot of mine does not revolve around mad American scientists/businessmen, rather something very real.

I say we have a competition! Me against Charlie Higson!

I say you're in, if you've managed to get some 'gratitous sex and violence' in your piece of fan fiction. :)

There is a very fine line of a young 007 of today and then, should and should not do, it seems the IFP has chosen the ideas and thoughts of the 1930's, which can either be partially good or bad.

#159 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 07:44 PM

Ian Fleming would turn over in his grave.....

You know what, if they were also releasing REAL Bond novels simulatenously to be written by another author, I could MAYBE be fine with that.

yeah, that wouldn't be too bad I guess. I'ld still prefer that if they wanted to do this that they do a crappy rip-off starring a bunch of british kids or something...

#160 Willie Garvin

Willie Garvin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 08:31 PM

If Higson takes this assignment seriously and shows us how the young James Bond embarked on his four back a day cigarette habit and how he began drinking alcohol on the side, then these stories might be interesting.But he'll also have to show young James taking his various girlfriends to abortionists,successfilly killing a few people just for the hell of it, and sleeping with his nubile young Aunt Charmian to really get my business. Otherwise,I won't care.

#161 deth

deth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2651 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 10:14 PM

and sleeping with his nubile young Aunt Charmian to really get my business. Otherwise,I won't care.

whoa.... :) :)

#162 MrDraco

MrDraco

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1138 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 08:41 AM

i think the title of the series should be JAMES BOND THE OLIVER TWIST YEARS

#163 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 12:57 PM

If Higson takes this assignment seriously and shows us how the young James Bond embarked on his four back a day cigarette habit and how he began drinking alcohol on the side, then these stories might be interesting.

Young Bond for the adult market - do you really think it's going to happen? That'd be about as intra-niche as a market could get.

It'll be James Bond junior in print and without the primary colour treatment.

#164 Willie Garvin

Willie Garvin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 03:41 AM

If Higson takes this assignment seriously and shows us how the young James  Bond embarked on his four back a day cigarette habit and how he began drinking alcohol on the side, then these stories might be interesting.

Young Bond for the adult market - do you really think it's going to happen? That'd be about as intra-niche as a market could get.

It'll be James Bond junior in print and without the primary colour treatment.

What these Young James Bond books really will be is Alex Rider novels set in the 1930s.Alex is the teenager recruited by MI6 to replace his James Bond-like Uncle Ian after Ian was murdered by enemy agents.Alex has his own Q and everything.The Bond books will be targeted at the currently popular Rider teenaged readership.But I don't think these Bonds willl do especially well when compared to the books inspired by the genuine article.That's why they'll fail.Oh the irony.

They'll be palid adventure stories featuring a brave young lad named James bond who'll probably quip like the movie 007.

And how far back in the past can the Young Bonds really be set?After all,as Ian Fleming tells us(through the obituary M writes for the missing 007 in You Only Live Twice) at the beginning of World War II,James Bond lied about his age while he was a teenager and became a Navy commando.His "childhood" was brief.

#165 the007JamesBond

the007JamesBond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 11:56 AM

ewww, I never heard about this reader or nothing news for me.
I think, young Bond had his death parents and he'll be the fate of his the life. I've read this old book from Raymond Benson, it's pity for left Raymond his job. :)

What is the thing of book in the genre? over PG-13? hmm?