Brosnan Wanting A Kinkier Bond

38 replies to this topic

#31 ENJ

ENJ

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 June 2001 - 06:43 AM

Brosnan is probably going through a midlife crisis, and he wants to show that he is younger than 48 and can still get the chicks.

#32 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 06 June 2001 - 02:37 PM

Okay, fair point Daniel! Of course the actress/es need to fit a certain criteria, but what I am saying is the choice of actress should not be a top priority in the production of the film - or its acceptance. 5 or 6 points down the list maybe.

=
J

#33 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 10 June 2001 - 12:39 AM

I have two words :

Kate Beckinsale

#34 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 06 June 2001 - 12:31 AM

It's sad isn't when breasts overrule talent. Surely there are sexy women... no, I know there are sexy women with acting talent!

#35 Bill C

Bill C

Recruit

• Crew
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2001 - 10:28 PM

Blue Eyes (04 Jun, 2001 11:47 p.m.):
Surely the US has an inbetween rating? I mean come on PG13 to NC17??? There's a couple of age gaps in there missing?

Is there no 15+??

And Russo is not a dirty old whore. If you're wife looks that good at that age well then good luck to you!

Nobody ever seemed to answer this for you, Blue Eyes. In the States, there is an R rating, which is no one under sixteen admitted without a parent (or an older person). But what is happening now here has made that even more of an issue. In the good old days pre school shootings, it was not too hard for young teenagers to get into R rated films. But lately, the theaters have become much more diligent and the box office for R rated films has dropped quite a lot in the past few years. Now studios, which only a few short years ago wanted to have the R rating, are now making sure the big potential block busters are PG-13. Just a further eroding of mature movie making here in America.

I'm an older guy who had to sneak into Goldfinger because it was considered too sexy and violent. But I am perfectly happy with the sexual and violent content of Bond films of late. They are fantasies, after all.

#36 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 10 June 2001 - 11:09 AM

Blue Eyes (05 Jun, 2001 08:48 a.m.):
You've made me think of something there Persian. Do they include people like Richards (popular with a younger audience cause of Star Ship Troopers etc...) because the younger audiences think that she has a great figure with big breasts? Or do they seriously sit down and look at talent?

I wish they had picked Milla Jokovich to play her role!!

I'm not too crazy about Jokovich because she's too thin. I think the Xmas Jones character should have been made half Yank and half Turkish (with a voluptuous Turk actress). That way she would have had a more emotional involvement in the story, plus be more exotic. Considering her exposed belly button, we could have had her do a belly dance for 007 which would have raised everybody's temperature !!.

#37 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 02 June 2001 - 08:51 PM

I feel exactly the same. I grew up like you watching roger's films, that's why I love him so much. I agree that it definately shouldn't be an 18 even a 15 may be pushing it. I personally believe the LTK rating of 15 was the reason it did so bad at the Box office. Making it sexier may mean EON will lose a percentage of the audience. For our age group it would be pretty good however.

#38 Golden_Guy_007

Golden_Guy_007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 June 2001 - 05:21 PM

Added to the sexuality of the scene?!?!?! Rene Russo is a dirty old whore!!! Who the hell wants to see HER like that?!?! But on a serious note, I think the sexuality in Bond movies is just fine. Any more explicit (full on nudity) would be incredibly stupid on MGM's part. Do you realize how much of an audience they would lose? (R rating instead of regular PG-13)

#39 Golden_Guy_007

Golden_Guy_007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 June 2001 - 02:38 PM

I didn't "inadvertently" hit on that note; I meant exactly that. MGM WANTS to appeal to a younger audience; they figure putting in a woman more appropriate to Brosnan's age will disgust younger viewers. That was my problem with TCA. (I still think Rene Russo is a dirty old whore) I remember a casting director for TWINE saying he knew people would be annoyed if he didn't deliver "100% Jiggle-vision" ...Enter Denise Richards... But I do agree with you in the respect that the casted Bond girls should be looked at more closely in terms of talent.