4 replies to this topic

#1 bonded56

bonded56

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 410 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 05:59 AM

Saturday I was in a video store and picked up the used VHS movie NEVER TOO YOUNG TO DIE which stars John Stamos, Vanity and Gene Simmons. Stamos plays the gymnast son of a slain secret agent in the 1986 movie. He teams up with the secret agent's former partner, Vanity, to catch the murderous villian, Gene Simmons (as a she-male villain). 9 minutes into the movie is a 9 minute segment featuring George Lazenby as the secret agent breaking into the lower confines of Boulder Dam in search of Simmons. The movie as a whole is silly, but I loved seeing Lazenby in that 9 minute segment reminiscent of his Bond days. The back of the box even claims that the movie has "Action: Bond style". I had seen before that Lazenby was in the movie, but never tried to find a copy as IMDB said it was lousy movie plus Lazenby having a small role. I paid $2.00 for the movie and was pleasantly surprised. I was glad that I ventured into that video store.

#2 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 07:47 PM

no...never saw this movie. :)

#3 Genrewriter

Genrewriter

Cammander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4360 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 07:54 PM

I'm pretty familiar with it. It's a prime hunk of 80's cheese. I took a brief class on directing action sequences with the director of the film in college.

#4 bonded56

bonded56

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 410 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 04:27 AM

I'm pretty familiar with it. It's a prime hunk of 80's cheese. I took a brief class on directing action sequences with the director of the film in college.

Did he have any comments about Laz's involvement in the movie? What did you think of the scene of Vanity's car keeping hidden from the motoryclists by driving beneath the moving semi's trailer.

#5 Genrewriter

Genrewriter

Cammander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4360 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 05:12 AM

I didn't get the chance to ask him about Lazenby's work in the movie, he only used a few short clips from the movie to illustrate action scene techniques.