7 replies to this topic

#1 Pal

Pal

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 377 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 11:21 PM

Good day. I was recently watching OHMSS and i noticed something quite odd. When Blofeld is bringing Bond to the engine room to be imprisoned, Bond sees that guy who was trailing them hangin goutside the window. But when you look closely, you can see that he is hanging upside down, yet, there is nothing that he can be hanging from because they are at the top of the mountains. Also, it looks like the shot of him hanging was placed on the window after that scene had been shot because it looks very odd and out of place. Anyway, if anyone knows what was goign on there, please let me hear from you. Thanks.

#2 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 11:23 PM

I think he's hanging from the "side" of one of the mountain walls. That's what it look like to me.

#3 MrDraco

MrDraco

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1138 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 11:51 PM

humm...intresting...yes intresting...damn it wish i had that boxed dvd set...

#4 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 02:55 AM

Yes, I agree with Athena, it's very weird how that scene is shown in the film.

#5 Triton

Triton

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2056 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 03:25 AM

After re-watching On Her Majesty's Secret Service and looking at the layout of Piz Gloria in the James Bond: The Secret World of 007 by Alastair Dougall, a book that really should have been titled James Bond: Incredible Cross Sections, I have come to the conclusion that Campbell must be hanging from the railing of Piz Gloria since the site of the alergy clinic is at the very top of the mountain. I don't think the Swiss authorities would be convinced he perished in a climbing accident. :) Very observant Pal!

The shot in the film is also obviously a front projection so that Campbell may be seen dangling outside the window of the interior set constructed at Pinewood.

The character also isn't identified in the film except for the end titles. In the novel, Shaun Campbell worked for Station Z (Zurich).

#6 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 08:14 PM

Since the wheelhouse (or whatever the mechanical shed with a six-thousand foot drop (inside, no less!) is above the terminal for the cable car, which is below the lounge (Alpine Room?) and Shaun is hanging at the level of the wheelhouse, I assume that he is hanging from an overhang of the railing'd walkway around the Alpine Room.

God that's confusing, I'll have to read the 'Incredible 007 Cross-Sections' (sic) book.

#7 Pal

Pal

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 377 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 06:10 PM

Thanks for trying to answer my question. I guess there is no definitive answer but I do take all of your thoughts seriously and they are all very plausible. Once, again, thanks.

#8 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 06:18 PM

I think I would have to concur with Gen. Koskov...Its really a question I have never posed to myself.